MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Walther P38 pistol.

Article about: Evening gent's, I used to own a P38 20+ years ago and regret selling it (surprise surprise)! I have just spotted this one and am considering "taking the plunge" and getting it. I c

Default Walther P38 pistol.

Evening gent's, I used to own a P38 20+ years ago and regret selling it (surprise surprise)! I have just spotted this one and am considering "taking the plunge" and getting it. I cannot see any issues myself, but I am not a fire arms expert by any means so if you have any thoughts/concerns or worries I would be interested to hear them. As I live in the UK it is obviously a de-activated example, so there is no worries on that front! Thanks in advance, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther P38 pistol.   Walther P38 pistol.  

Walther P38 pistol.   Walther P38 pistol.  

Walther P38 pistol.  

Original and perfect conditions in my opinion,

Typical ex Russian capture.

It is fine.

I have one very similar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Typical ex Russian capture.

It is fine.

I have one very similar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for your thoughts chaps, I was unsure about it's "finish" as it looked very clean. Is the "ex-Russian" capture give away mark the "X" symbol beside the 135 and 6603? Leon.

The X is actually the crossed swords mark of the British proof house. It is the finish which defines it as ex Russian.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Did the Russians "ping" out the Waffenamt? I've seen that on rifles but hard to tell on this P38. NH

A very nice clean example. There is still considerable uncertainty about what the future holds for deactivated pistols. Rumours still abound that they might have to be welded solid with the magazine also welded in place when the new rules come into force in April. Anyone with a pistol deactivated to current specs as they are now, will have to get them re-done to the new specs (after April) before they can sell them on. At least, that is my understanding of the proposals. So now is the time to buy these guns before it is too late.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 02-04-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Pics aren't good enough to make a determination for me. I don't see any signs of an RC pistol, and the finish look fairly original German to me, but... it's not really possible to say for sure with those pics.

Otherwise I'd have to say it looks like a fairly ok byf43, and you'll just need to find a holster and spare mag

Edit, looking at it again, and seeing the absence of red paint in the F letter below the safety, I'd have to agree with Ade, it's an RC refin, but looks worn enough to help it pass off as the genuine article. Still looks like a solid P38, and no offense to you chaps, but I'd rather see one of these get demilled rather than a pistol that was captured by a guy who put his life on the line everyday, for your freedom... to own an intact firearm.

Nice looking P38

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.