Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther PP

Article about: Hi I'd like to hear your opinion on this Walther, production date is 1938 , serial number is 118xxxP, SA der NSDAP Gruppe Niedersachsen, bore is shinny with strong rifling. What would be its

?

Default Walther PP

Hi I'd like to hear your opinion on this Walther, production date is 1938 , serial number is 118xxxP, SA der NSDAP Gruppe Niedersachsen, bore is shinny with strong rifling.
    What would be its value and how rare is it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther PP   Walther PP  

Walther PP  

Default Re: Walther PP

I believe you have a rare PP and it appears to be correct.That is a very nice PP! Would love to see pics of the other side of the frame. probably would have came with a party leader holster originally I would think......not your average SA member would have had such a pistol ! I will have to check my books for other examples. but I bet this is special.

I was right, this will make your day........ although you apparently dont have the party leader holster,like this example did. but notice what it pulled at the auction and your is (more pics would help) mint!and the serial number tells me its early.lord knows who may have had this at one time. and talk about the ultimate display piece with a mint chained SA or regular SA dagger !

Walther PP, Pre-WWII, NSDAP marked, rare rig For Sale at GunAuction.com

?

Hi thank you for reply
    I contacted the previous owner because I bought a gun in commission sales in the local gun shop where it came from the police because the previous owner lost his license for possession of weapons.
    And His story of Walther is:
    Walter was captured by the Partisans and after World War II was in possession of Tito's bodyguard, who later gave the gun to the man who worked for UDBA( secret police organization of Yugoslavia) and was the father-in-law of last owner.
    Gun was originally in another gun store but the store was robbed and gun ended at the police station where someone checked the serial number on the gun so serial number is without bluing. After police found out that the serial number of the gun is original, they sent it to another gun shop where I bought it.
    Pistol was not on display at the store ,it was at back of an office in the box with the other weapons(mostly junk) that has come from the police . I bought it very cheaply.
    I will take a picture the other side when I get the time.

You have a rare high priced gun there. The link that was provided will give you what it will bring. Wish you had the holster. Nice gun.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

A beautiful gun. Very special.

Thanks for updating the thread,Berto.

What a spectacular PP and very interesting history behind it. you can google the info on the grip strap and it will show you where the SA district was. would love to see some more pics of her!

congrats on a spectacular find !