Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?

Article about: The slide and frame have different numbers but fairly close,wood Walther marked grips.I know the missmatch hurts it,would rather it matched but ,anyway is this a correct GI put together?

Default Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?

The slide and frame have different numbers but fairly close,wood Walther marked grips.I know the missmatch hurts it,would rather it matched but ,anyway is this a correct GI put together?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?   Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?  

Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?   Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?  

Walther PP ac marked missmatch,wood grips,correct?  

Your PP is late enough to be considered matching being mismatched but the grips are not correct. IMHO this is a parts gun with fantasy grips. The caveat is I am not an expert in PP but own a few examples. Others with more experience may be able to shed more light on your pistol.
    John

Hello John thanks for your opinion!The grips are original,this is a GI bringback,got some info on another site.Late war "correct" mismatch pistol as assembled.Both wood and black plastic/bakelite grips were used late in the war,the wood ones are more scarce.After the Walther factory was overrun the GIs put these pistols together from parts in the plant or had remaining workers do it.These are becoming more collectable and bring good money.

Thank you for the addition knowledge.
    John