Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther PPK 1944 'Plum" Color

Article about: Walther PPK 1944 Plum Color...BILL

Default Walther PPK 1944 'Plum" Color

Walther PPK 1944 Plum Color...BILLWalther PPK 1944 'Plum" ColorWalther PPK 1944 'Plum" Color
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Walther PPK 1944 'Plum" Color

Bill, nice PPK!

Very nice! Lovely color

Very nice indeed Bill. I am naturally assuming its 32 ACP. Is it a World War 2 dated piece? They are quite rare in my area. More apt to find a p-38. Thanks for showing.

An Interesting Walther, by any standards, I can't say that I've ever seen one like it before...but Lordy, is that an ugly colored Nazi sidearm! lol Is it just a diluted bluing that they used, or was it Intentional, I wonder? I have to wonder if the guy who carried it got snickered at by his mates for having a "purple pistol"....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If I recall its is because of impurities in the bluing process, I have an Interarms PPK/S that turned the plum color, but only on the trigger.

From a gunsmithing standpoint. It is because the bluing salts were too hot. On the verge of frying them.
    I have seen this also when the metal Consistency is not the same through out the firearm being blued. Some model 12 winchesters have had small plumb color streaks in them after reblue. And yes if your water is not pure this can happen also, but usually spots will acquire.
    Nice looking PPK Bill.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I like it Bill - I haven't seen it on many German firearms at all.
    But I have seen quite a few SVT-40's that have that similar plum colored "blue" on the receivers.
    They were arsenal refurbished - your PPK does not look refurbished.

Thanks for sharing.

Pit.