Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Weapons was found in Estonia

Article about: I'am allways interesting how many different weapons was found in such a small land: Pistols: Browning FN 1900 Browning FN 1903 with insciption "Ревель

?

Default Weapons was found in Estonia

I'am allways interesting how many different weapons was found in such a small land:
    Pistols:
    Browning FN 1900
    Browning FN 1903 with insciption "Ревельская Гор Полицiя" Police Czarist gendarmerie
    Browning FN 1910 and 22 ( both, civil and WA marked 22 model)
    Browning FN 1935 ( EP Eesti Politsei and KL Kaitseliit marked) independence circa 30's time , also examples with WA
    Luger 08 both wars
    Borhardt, pre 1919 year looks like russian officer has it
    Steyer 1912 WW2 redone with magazine.
    Astra automatic ( looks like mauser 712 type)
    Mauser K 96, first WW
    Colt M1911 Англ Заказ marked, looks like Czarist navy one
    All kind of Walther pistols from the Independent time till the WW2 ( include Walter MP)
    Webley scott- unknown time of issue
    Polish VIS 35, Frommer, CZ- 27, Mauser HSC as used by different German units in WW2.
    TT pistol, mostly before 1945.
    Most rare was a Clement pistol, the cartridges like a TT, but caliber is 4,5 like ( sorry, probably I'am mistaked)
    To be continued
    If someone intersted, then I will next write about revolvers and rifles
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Weapons was found in Estonia

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I'am allways interesting how many different weapons was found in such a small land:
    Pistols:
    Browning FN 1900
    Browning FN 1903 with insciption "Ревельская Гор Полицiя" Police Czarist gendarmerie
    Browning FN 1910 and 22 ( both, civil and WA marked 22 model)
    Browning FN 1935 ( EP Eesti Politsei and KL Kaitseliit marked) independence circa 30's time , also examples with WA
    Luger 08 both wars
    Borhardt, pre 1919 year looks like russian officer has it
    Steyer 1910 WW2 redone with magazine.
    Astra automatic ( looks like mauser 712 type)
    Mauser K 96, first WW
    Colt M1911 Англ Заказ marked, looks like Czarist navy one
    All kind of Walther pistols from the Independent time till the WW2 ( include Walter MP)
    Webley scott- unknown time of issue
    Polish VIS 35, Frommer, CZ- 27, Mauser HSC as used by different German units in WW2.
    TT pistol, mostly before 1945.
    Most rare was a Clement pistol, the cartridges like a TT, but caliber is 4,5 like ( sorry, probably I'am mistaked)
    To be continued
    If someone intersted, then I will next write about revolvers and rifles
    Would very much like to here more about the weapons in Estonia. The Clement auto pistol was in cal 5mm it is a strange bottle necked cartridge.. It was first used in the Spanish Charola-Antiqua pistol of 1897...BILL

?

Default Re: Weapons was found in Estonia

The 7.65 caliber pistols are more than I wrote before, due of a lot of chap stuff was for sale in the Independence time in 1930's
    The revolvers is the same, a lot of Bulldog and Lefaushet copyes.
    From czarist time is massive Gallant revolver, don't remember the model I think it was M1856, Colt revolvers with inscription on the barrel New York city.
    The Russsian Smith and Wesson, all kind of them from Loewe to the latest. ( Estonian army remade them after the barrels was to much used and cannot be used in army, convert them to the flyre pistols, using only the handle. All of them seen by me was marked Arsenal-Tallinn 1927 year.
    Nagant revolvers ( fakes too) Czarist for soldiers and officers, then 1920-30-40. Also a small Nagant revolver was found in an old attic ( as heard for the OGPU/NKVD troops). A couple of Reichsrevolvers.

The rifles.
    From czarist time and antanta.
    Lebel rifles, Mosin rifles, Arisaka rifles, Enfield rifles ( I don't count Gra and Berdan)
    Ross rifles. Mauser 88 short carabines
    Second war is MAS carabine( probably they was in use in the Estonian Grenzschutz btl,) as the same as a Hembrug/Manlicher 1917 rifles. Mauser and Mosin of cause too, any other semi-automatic rifles from the Soviet and German side. AVS, AVT, SVT, G41 and G 43. Once I found a FG 42 magazine on the attic, where this came from?
    Estonian remade long Mosin rifle with KL abbreviature, they shortened this gun and placed Enfild like sight. Also Tallinn Arsenal sport rifles, remake from Mosin and Enfield rifles
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics