Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Webley MK VI

Article about: This is the best one of these I have ever handled(maybe even as good as one of Bills!) And I will be keeping this one for a looooong time! It is uncut and the recoil shield still has the pre

Default Webley MK VI

This is the best one of these I have ever handled(maybe even as good as one of Bills!) And I will be keeping this one for a looooong
    time! It is uncut and the recoil shield still has the prettiest straw color I've ever seen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Webley MK VI   Webley MK VI  

Webley MK VI   Webley MK VI  

Webley MK VI  

Default Re: Webley MK VI

Hi Gary,

Thats a beaut!!! Where did you find that. It looks a minter to me, ain't been many rounds through that baby over the last 90 years!! I'm jealous!!

Seriously impressed, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,

I bought from a good friend of mine and he purchased nerly 50 years ago and never once shot it!

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Gary,

Thats a beaut!!! Where did you find that. It looks a minter to me, ain't been many rounds through that baby over the last 90 years!! I'm jealous!!

Seriously impressed, Ned.

Reckon you gotta good deal there Gary,

Just been looking on the net, and one in that condition starts around $1000USD!! Nice piece, nice price!!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You probably won't believe me but I paid real money for it. He is no fool and knew exactly what it was worth!!

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Reckon you gotta good deal there Gary,

Just been looking on the net, and one in that condition starts around $1000USD!! Nice piece, nice price!!

Regards, Ned.

Hi Gary,
    that is the best iv seen for ages, it is a better finish than the W.W.2
    .38, you are very lucky to be able to shoot it. I have a 1940,s
    .38, but only in deac here in England. I would love to own one.
    Is it a .455 ?.
    dave.

hi Gary,
    I wish this old girl wasnt dead unlike yours, you can see how good your pistol is. do you think yours was a private purchase ?,
    As i have seen that model in war finish also.
    Dave.

Hi Dave,

Your de-ac is a mark IV(4) in .38/200 calibre.Gary's is a mark VI(6) in .455 calibre. The IV was bought in during the 1930's as a replacement for the heavier loaded VI. The .38/200(Grains) was also very popular with police forces and public shooters up till very recently, i wouldn't mind betting some are still in police armouries in the u.k today, having sustained very little wear.

The Mk.VI(6) was probably one of the heaviest loaded break-barrel pistols ever built, but that is just my opinion.

Regards, Ned.

Hi Dave,
    Based on the fact that there is a Broad Arrow acceptance stamp I have to assume it was not a private purchase weapon.

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Ned,
    Yes i know it is Mk VI, i put 4 by mistake, i just put the MkIV on to compare the great condition that Gary,s pistol is in.
    I missed the arrows Gary Sorry. But what a very nice gun.
    Dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast