Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Welrod anyone?

Article about: (Dunno if its the right topic) How it pains me to see this wonderful pistol for sale, but not being able to buy it. If anyone else would be interested, you can see it on Rask Antik. It is lo

I'm thinking of changing the washers in the silencer and perhaps that's something people here are interested in? photos of this... not beautiful but wierd-looking gun picked to pieces? (and hopefully reassambly'd)..

The manual claims it looses silence-capability after 10-12 shoots and I am curious how much, doesn't sound much now but I figure it will sound even less if I change those..

?

Hello , fellow Swedish gun enthousiast.
    I'm a Swedish guncollector living in Skåne and Stockholm and I strongly advice you not to take the gun apart. You might ruin it's collector value . I have one welrod too , cal 7.65 mm . The washers are not worn out but the rubber baffers might be worn out. There are 3 rubber baffers . I Think the silencer would hold for about 30-40 shots anyway . The silencer tube is attached by screwing it on to the pistol body but then it is secured by a punching , a depression from above , with impairs easy unscrewing of the silencer tube.
    What you should need for cleaning and changing of the rubber baffers is a special device , like a rod with a hook in the end that you insert after unscrewing the end cap and then you put in the device from the from the front of the silencer tube all the way in an hook all the baffers and washers on it.
    But I strongly advice you not to do anything because you might loose som small part or damage the gun.

I testfired mine this weekend and found the bullet rather anemic but it was very fun to shot. The sound it made can be compared to a handclapping.
    Feel free to pm me if you like for more discussions.
    Samlar hälsningar : Gustav

PRE
    ?

Very interesting material and weapons, thanks to everyone for sharing.

I find it odd/interesting that these weapons were stamped with serial numbers, and not completely sanitized. Its' part psy-war, part plausible denial, but I'd think there's be advantages for distributing deniable assets like these.
    Pat

Quote by PRE View Post
    Very interesting material and weapons, thanks to everyone for sharing.

I find it odd/interesting that these weapons were stamped with serial numbers, and not completely sanitized. Its' part psy-war, part plausible denial, but I'd think there's be advantages for distributing deniable assets like these.
    Pat
    I have been thinking about that also.... there are serial number but not any "maker's" mark? why? I think (that I read somewhere?) it was mostly BSA that manufactured them(?). Anyway It would be very interesting to find some documents that explained/traced where the different pistols went originally.

Quote by nagant View Post
    Hello , fellow Swedish gun enthousiast.
    I'm a Swedish guncollector living in Skåne and Stockholm and I strongly advice you not to take the gun apart. You might ruin it's collector value . I have one welrod too , cal 7.65 mm . The washers are not worn out but the rubber baffers might be worn out. There are 3 rubber baffers . I Think the silencer would hold for about 30-40 shots anyway . The silencer tube is attached by screwing it on to the pistol body but then it is secured by a punching , a depression from above , with impairs easy unscrewing of the silencer tube.
    What you should need for cleaning and changing of the rubber baffers is a special device , like a rod with a hook in the end that you insert after unscrewing the end cap and then you put in the device from the from the front of the silencer tube all the way in an hook all the baffers and washers on it.
    But I strongly advice you not to do anything because you might loose som small part or damage the gun.

I testfired mine this weekend and found the bullet rather anemic but it was very fun to shot. The sound it made can be compared to a handclapping.
    Feel free to pm me if you like for more discussions.
    Samlar hälsningar : Gustav
    Hello/hej! ...and I that thought to be the only person in this entire country (small at it is) that haves access to A rare piece like this. Not fully functional anyway... sometimes they pop up on auctions but almost every one I seen has been deactivated.

So you don't think that I should clean the washers and replace rubber baffers? it's itching in my fingers to do this though!
    Have already "built"/welded A perfect fitting unscrewer to the nose cap but not tried it out yet. Got some experience in weapon maintenance (both military & civil) but this one seems so? ..I really dont want to break anything and now you have scared me even more!

Next time I visit that old man I will search high & low after the tools that came along... he said that they are laying somewhere in his workshop but we have not been lucky yet. edit; at least 20years since last he remember that he saw them (but nothing have been sold or moved very far) so I got high expectation! -Finding them out that would be;
    Last edited by NorthenLight; 01-11-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: ..was uncertian if I maid myself understood thruh language difficurlt?

?

Hejsan

For more information concerning the welrod i can recommend the excellent web. page TIMELAPSE.DK . There you will find a thourogh history of the Danish welrods.
    How do you mean with the welding /building of unscrewer tool? Is your nose cap different from the regular ones ? ( in Swedish " lättrad" ).
    They are scarce in sweden. I have only seen one in the safe of a fellow collectioner but I know of a couple of more in the country. I have however never heard of a deactivated one in sweden. Deactivated guns requires gun permits in sweden and it is not harder to get a collectors licens for a live gun ( except in the old times for full auto smg ).
    The adjacent tool should be the extractor tool and perhaps a bag of a extra set of washers and rubber baffets. On Swedish ebay ( tradera) you can sometimes find a seller that offers reprints of the blueprints and the SOE manual. I think he lives near the town of Kalmar. He has also manufactured a non firing replica of the even scarcer sleeve gun ( for collectors and museums). He has also made replicas of the extractor tool and he can sell new produced washers with the right dimensions.
    Is your gun a MKII or MKIIA ? Have you testfired it yet?

Quote by nagant View Post
    Hejsan

For more information concerning the welrod i can recommend the excellent web. page TIMELAPSE.DK . There you will find a thourogh history of the Danish welrods.
    How do you mean with the welding /building of unscrewer tool? Is your nose cap different from the regular ones ? ( in Swedish " lättrad" ).
    They are scarce in sweden. I have only seen one in the safe of a fellow collectioner but I know of a couple of more in the country. I have however never heard of a deactivated one in sweden. Deactivated guns requires gun permits in sweden and it is not harder to get a collectors licens for a live gun ( except in the old times for full auto smg ).
    The adjacent tool should be the extractor tool and perhaps a bag of a extra set of washers and rubber baffets. On Swedish ebay ( tradera) you can sometimes find a seller that offers reprints of the blueprints and the SOE manual. I think he lives near the town of Kalmar. He has also manufactured a non firing replica of the even scarcer sleeve gun ( for collectors and museums). He has also made replicas of the extractor tool and he can sell new produced washers with the right dimensions.
    Is your gun a MKII or MKIIA ? Have you testfired it yet?
    MkIIa and yes, but just A few, well taken care specimen if I may say so but I do not want ware it so I wont do it many times more...
    And yet again, mine is that (if we are thinking in same thoughts) and to minimize tare taking it apart i'm more self certain of unscrewing it with this "tool" (made it like a wrench for.. angel grinder's).
    Last edited by NorthenLight; 01-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.

?

sent you a pm in swedish

Really interesting.. i have a mk2 so always on look out for info. Fascinating pieces of history.

?

Nice to see Welrods in Sweden. These are from my collection:

Welrod anyone?

Seems there are Welrods everywhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast