Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

what is this

Article about: i have seen revolvers that look like this, looks belgian?? it is a 12 shot revolver. the seller says 22 shells fall to the back of the cylinder. but the bore looks to be .22 is this a 5.75 o

?

Default Re: what is this

the show is on here in delaware now..the same gun or very close..

?

i think its french made.pin fired rounds

Hi,
    i would have loved to know what it really was but one may come up again someday, And the show sons of guns is great.
    dave.

i think 1991a1 was right with his help and info. i just think those oddball revolvers are neat, was most likely a rimfire pistol. i did not see the little notches in the cylinder where the pin protrudes .
    just a guess , but those funky velo dog 5.5 cartridges are weak and the pistol is just as funny !

would be neat to shoot a cylinder of 12 or 20 rounds though.

It looked Very much like a Belgian pinfire, as mentioned above,and if it is, be aware that it would have been almost impossible to ever fire it, as I don't believe that Anyone makes pinfire cartridges anymore. It would have always just have been a curiosity on a shelf.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by pammy View Post
    i just seen one of these on the tv show sons of guns..cant recall what they said but it sure was neat!
    Yes Pammy I saw the show and the gun was a French pin fire revolver. Cylinder could hold 20 rounds. I know the gun name began with an L. Something like Lefaux Sure looks like the same gun to me.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Yes Pammy I saw the show and the gun was a French pin fire revolver. Cylinder could hold 20 rounds. I know the gun name began with an L. Something like Lefaux Sure looks like the same gun to me.
    Lefauchaux.........
    Regards,

Steve.

THATS IT! Thanks Walkwolf. Looks like the same gun to me.

there are pinfire kits for those dudes that shoot em, i know a dude who showed me where to get pinfire 7 10 and 12 mm.
    i have to check again .
    pinfire is a simple charge, brass case with a pin that sticks into the brass, hits mercury charge, ignites powder and boom.
    although its not really a round i would use as self defence, but i figure one or a few to the face , cranial mass, liver or heart may do....
    and i know there are many different pinfire cartridges , and only some certain calibers are available to load.

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    i think 1991a1 was right with his help and info. i just think those oddball revolvers are neat, was most likely a rimfire pistol. i did not see the little notches in the cylinder where the pin protrudes .
    just a guess , but those funky velo dog 5.5 cartridges are weak and the pistol is just as funny !

would be neat to shoot a cylinder of 12 or 20 rounds though.
    Maybe i'm wrong but i think that it's a centrefire and not a pinfire...The pinfire cylinder has small cuts that allow the little pin of every ctg to be reached by the massive cock...
    Thanos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast