Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is this?

Article about: Hey guys, I ran across this target rifle in a pawn shop. It is a .22. I apologize for the crap photos, I will go back with a better camera when I am back in town. So on the modified stock, t

?

Default What is this?

Hey guys,

I ran across this target rifle in a pawn shop. It is a .22. I apologize for the crap photos, I will go back with a better camera when I am back in town.

So on the modified stock, the forward grip has been widened with extra wood, there is an interesting stamp pressed into the wood. The pressed stamp is circular and reads, SAdNSDAP, and has the SA logo in the center. The stock has a metal butt plate and the hole for locking the rifle in the into the rack. Again sorry for the poor photos but they should allow you to get an idea of it visually.

So what is this stock and could it be a period piece?

What is this?What is this?

NORINCO make a modern copy of this Rifle

?

Thank you wizardman, so if it is not a Norinko do you think a modified version of the stock have any collectors or monitory value?

Would an original have the hole for the rod used in locking several rifles up in a rack? Or is the only way to detirmin originality a visual inspection up close of the stamped wood?

Thank you,
    Hummel

Indeed, an SA Wehrsport-Gewehr/Training Rifle...
    Glenn

Wow, cool find, I hope you get it!

?

The pawn shop wants $600 for it... I can talk them down some but I don't want it bad enough to pay over $300 for i at this point.... Unless it is more valuable then I think. I will get pictures of the entire gun for review in the next week or two.

Hummel

If it is fully Original, $600 is a good price imo..well it would be in Australia

I can talk them down some but I don't want it bad enough to pay over $300 for i at this point.... Unless it is more valuable then I think.
    Lol, you wouldn't pay over $300 for a SA marked .22 trainer? Granted we haven't seen a pic of it, and maybe it is a "Norinko", but if it's a straight up gun, did you clink on that link?

After looking at a couple of em online, I think that hole in the stock is where the bolt takedown apparatus is missing?

Maybe it is a Norinco and the piece fell out? ;-)

Anyway, post some pics of the whole thing when you get a chance.

?

Quote by Hummel View Post

Would an original have the hole for the rod used in locking several rifles up in a rack?

From my understanding the Hole was used to disassemble the bolt.

If you follow this site's break down of the K98k bolt you will see what the disc should look like. Yours is missing I believe from that stock.

K98k Disassembly

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast