Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What holster for a commercial Mauser M1910

Article about: Well I've received a few suggestions where to buy a holster. Anyone have more? Also looking for a reasonably priced Ruby holster. Thanks.

Default What holster for a commercial Mauser M1910

What would be the proper holster to match a 22xxxx commercial Mauser Model 1910 pistol? In 6.35mm or .25 caliber.

Are these hard to find or available and what would be an estimated price range as per condition?

Thanks, dastier

Default Re: What holster for a commercial Mauser M1910

The normally seen holsters that these little Mausers were in look like miniature P-38 style brown leather holsters. An example in decent condition, I would think, would be in the $100-125 range-without the spare magazine, of course. They are seen from time to time, but they're not "common" to run across. They're out there, though. It depends on how fancy a one you want to find-a Navy marked? An NSDAP official's? Or a simple sidearm of a military man. Either way, if you find one in great shape for under a hundred, I'd jump on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Wargriff, I want a holster that would have been a private purchase by an officer or sold to a civilian. I don't want one that was issued. But I want it to be 'correct' for the interwar period.

Commercial or no marks OK, but no military stamps unless (and I suspect this would be extremely rare to find) Polish military stamps prior to 1939.

The Mauser M1910 in 6.35mm was worn by prewar Polish officers for dress occasions.

Several versions can be found for sale here, but not cheap:

Mauser Items

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,

Not really expensive when you consider what modern holsters cost. And my WW2 Czech holster was even more. I saw one that fits the bill but will have to wait until I pay off a few other milsurp items.

Here is one for commercial use. It's the only one I ever had and I sold it for $500 without the pistol or spare mag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What holster for a commercial Mauser M1910  

Wow that's a great looking holster! Thanks.

Dastier, You should contact the seller and see if he could either hold the holster that you were interested in or else do a lay-a-way on it for you. You would hate to lose such a scarce holster and be unable to find another again when you are ready to purchase.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Wagriff for the good advice.

Can anyone recommend any other militaria dealers that sell original, authentic holsters?

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast