Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??

Article about: Now I believe the barrels maybe from the Oerlikon KBA cannon which is similar to the Bushmaster in US service.

Default What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??

I need to find out what the heck these are. They are very heavy. They sort of match, but 1 is cut off 3 inches shorter. We think Viet Nam era 50 caliber barrels, but may be way off. What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??
    Thank you again for your time.
    Steven

Default Re: What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??

Quite hard to tell from the photo, if you measure the inner diameter of the barrels it might give you a better idea. The ends look bigger than .50 to me though, maybe 30mm?

Thanks

Danny

Its hard to tell from the photo but I'd say these arn't 50 cal barrels, they look to large in diameter and the bore looks like it could be for somthing like a 30mm. And judging by the way your holding them, they are most probably 1/2 the length they should be. Can you post some better pics? I'm thinking they could be for somthing like a light armoured vehicle like a British Scimiter or the American equivalent. Are there butress threads at the breech end?

Thanks, guys....
    THey weigh about 18 pounds each. 32 inches long on the longer one. I don't have a metric rular, but the "cut end" is about 1 1/2 inches...Here's more pics. Also, the same kid brought in this gatling gun barrel thing.....He called it a F4 Phantom part........Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??   What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??  

Also, one is KBS 1426 and the other KBA 1184.....

What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??What are these? 50 caliber Machine Gun Barrels??

Agh, I see now, ok, deffo not 50 cal barrels, theyre the muzzle end not the breech end as I was thinking. They have deffo been cut off, theyre not SIOUX gun barrels or Vulcan barrels but I am thinking Aircraft cannon barrels.

Any idea what KBA means????

Now I've seen the breech cylinder I know what you were refering to with the Phantom cannon. The Vulcan m61 cannon is a gatling gun, ie, has 6 barrels. this is a breech cylinder, i.e. 6 breeches, 1 barrel like a revolver, it will probably be from a vinage Mauser cannon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast