Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Whats this mag from...please?

Article about: I have been sorting through a number of boxes with items recovered from the German tunnels here in Jersey, Channel Islands. The magazine was in the box but I am unable to work out what its f

?

Default Re: Whats this mag from...please?

There are 2 models FN BARd and FN BARdA1
    BARd has the X mags in 30.06 the FN BARdA1 uses the FAL mags on 308

Both did not serve in WW2 the FN FM30 did.
    By far, the FN BARdA1 is the best BAR ever, inproved sights, quick changing barrel, good trigger, eazy bipod, even a rear monopod and tripodplatform.

BARd in the rear, BARdA1 in front

US bar, FND, DA1 mags

paco

Awesome thread, Jersey!

Great pics, Paco!
    That is a sensational collection of BAR's - if you shoot it - I am curious as to how much more practical the FN-d model is, as it it supposed quite a step up. We have a semi BAR one of the commercially made ones here in the inventory - not in my personal collection, it works great with blanks and live, but we have not shot it enough to ever need a fast barrel change, lol.

Jersey - Hell no worries here, I don't know much about the FN-D as I said - my study is in German WW2 weaponry, I am excited to know that yours came from a WW2 German army source - these kind of threads are great to learn from, that is all - sincerest thanks for starting the thread - if you thought I was implying, leading in any other direction, I apologize, I am neither qualified or interested in making such a statement - it seems my sometimes rather direct choice of wording can be misinterpreted.

?

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Awesome thread, Jersey!

Great pics, Paco!
    That is a sensational collection of BAR's - if you shoot it - I am curious as to how much more practical the FN-d model is, as it it supposed quite a step up. We have a semi BAR one of the commercially made ones here in the inventory - not in my personal collection, it works great with blanks and live, but we have not shot it enough to ever need a fast barrel change, lol.

Jersey - Hell no worries here, I don't know much about the FN-D as I said - my study is in German WW2 weaponry, I am excited to know that yours came from a WW2 German army source - these kind of threads are great to learn from, that is all - sincerest thanks for starting the thread - if you thought I was implying, leading in any other direction, I apologize, I am neither qualified or interested in making such a statement - it seems my sometimes rather direct choice of wording can be misinterpreted.
    The BARdA1 has a lighter recoil, and diopter sights. the model d has the V sights, is not so accurate...
    Due to the nice bipods, the FN's are shooting tighter groups.

Another little piece to add to this very informative thread.
    This photo is lifted from the Devils Paintbrush - the history of the Maxim machinegun.
    As such it's author is most concerned with the Maxim in the photo - buried during the siege of Warsaw, in a fake grave, for use later - however, in the bottom right of the photo is a Polish BAR Wz.1928.

This is the only example I have seen so far of the Wz.1928 in WW2 "action" - admittedly this one likely didn't see much action - but still of interest to scholars here.

Pit.
    edit - Found three more pics since this post - no X on the mag.
    Name:  220px-Zdzisław_de_Ville.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  20.4 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	browning1928.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	551922
    Last edited by pitfighter; 08-11-2013 at 05:54 PM.

I have found in a museum a file full of letters from an Italian partisans group to others that deal of a LMG seized from the Germans that they say to be of Belgian manufacture, (one time it is called Browning) and in a caliber close to the French 7,5 x 54
    I think that it was a FN D in 7,65 x 63 and since they had no cartridges in that caliber they wont to try the rebarreling to the French caliber.
    But I don't know if they succeded in that work.

?

that will be the FN FM'30 it looks like the modelD but has a fixedbarrel...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123