Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WTK: Captured Russian Tokarev pistols as used by the Germans ?

Article about: Would the Board please comment on useage of captured Russian Tokarev pistols as used by the Germans during the War? I have several excellent reference books showing German pistols as being u

ppkfan
    ?

Default WTK: Captured Russian Tokarev pistols as used by the Germans ?

Would the Board please comment on useage of captured Russian Tokarev pistols as used by the Germans during the War?

I have several excellent reference books showing German pistols as being used/issued/captured (Italian, Norwegian, Czech, etc.)BUT I have nothing that comments on Tokarev's or Nagant revolvers being used.

Has anyone seen photos of the German Military (individual soldiers) using such pistols...or even showing a soldier with one on his hip ?

Thank you.

Default Re: WTK: Captured Russian Tokarev pistols as used by the Germans ?

Wow, I'd be very suprised if this were true! I know the Germans used captured PPSh machine guns ahead of their own MP40, mainly down to realiabilty, but surely the Luger and Walther out-performed the Russian pistols!

If they were carried, I'd say they were merely souveniers.

I found an Italian 8mm pistol casing at the local WW2 American airbase. Probably someones wartime souvenier!

Hello ppkfan,
    This topic was discussed at another forum,you might find it helpful.
    TT33 German use? - Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com
    Regards,
    Jason

?

They were used, also because the tokarev ammunition was interchangeable with the 7,63 mauser

?

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Wow, I'd be very suprised if this were true! I know the Germans used captured PPSh machine guns ahead of their own MP40, mainly down to realiabilty, but surely the Luger and Walther out-performed the Russian pistols!

If they were carried, I'd say they were merely souveniers.

I found an Italian 8mm pistol casing at the local WW2 American airbase. Probably someones wartime souvenier!

Woody ; The tokarev pistol definately was a more reliable pistol than the P08 and or the P38. That's just mechanical fact. The 7,62 x25 pistol cartridge was not the greatest but it had velocity and availability as the germans no doubt captured many and reissued oodles of them. There is more than a couple pics of germans with russian pistols on their belts to include even the nagant revolvers.