Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WTK: Should I Shoot My 95%98% 1942 G41m

Article about: I know this question has been asked before but i have a truly 95/98% 1942 G41M that has not been sanded or messed with in any way, all stock marking are crisp and sharp. all numbers match. o

?

Default Re: WTK: Should I Shoot My 95%98% 1942 G41m

firing a rifle and handling it careful is being foolish? its not like hes going to ram the bullets in, fire off some rounds violently then throw it on the floor and spit on it, he asked for an opinion and got it , i dont see what common sense has to do with anything

too many people are afraid to use objects for what they were built for nowadays, its the same with cars etc , do you buy a brand new car and not use it incase it breaks or loses money??

?

Foolishness comes in by risking a valuable rifle that has a better than 50% of parts breakage or catostrophic failure. Common sense comes in by NOT risking life , limb and property by shooting however carefully you pinky in the rounds .

?

sounds similar to owning an Alfa

i have looked on the internet and cant seem to find the 50% breakage rate, but if hes that worried about it dont fire it, let the next guy who owns it have the fun!

?

Looking on the internet is not exactly the best kung fu. As a long time collector and shooter myself I can tell you "looking on the internet" is a waste of time on something like this. These events and experiance of how fragile these rifles ARE predate the whole internet thingy.

if youre going to argue please use your pms as i don't think its right to ruin this thread you have both given your opinions now you can stop

and remember the link in my signiture and calm down

?

I did not mean for this post to be a point of contention among the members. I take no offense at any of the posts as everyone has their point of view and should be free to express it as long as it's civil. As far as as a 50% parts breakage I 'm not sure how accurate that is. There are 2 other 41M's in my shooting group. Both of them have been shot hundreds of times, if not thousands over the years without any problems. Yes, that is a small sample but I too have scoured the internet for problems with the 41M and have not found anything conclusive. The only thing I have heard is what I previously posted about the stock weakness at the wrist and op rod problems and that was only hear say. Discretion being the better part of valor I have decided that I am not going to shoot the 41M since I have shoot my buddies many times and know how it feels. As others have said it is just like any other battle rifle.
    Once again thanks to all who posted and stay frosty guys.

?

I never fire collectable fire arms. If you want to shoot, buy a weapon for that purpose.
    I keep my weapons clean, workable and oiled with gun oil. Never use WD-40.
    If you must fire it break it down and thoughly clean it, especially the barrel. Any excess lead left in the barrel will eventually damage the grooves and lesson the value.
    Just my opinion.

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    if youre going to argue please use your pms as i don't think its right to ruin this thread you have both given your opinions now you can stop

and remember the link in my signiture and calm down
    Oh tommy I'm so sorry...my bad to think some common sense and good advice was necessary to repeat...what was I thinking ?.

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Oh tommy I'm so sorry...my bad to think some common sense and good advice was necessary to repeat...what was I thinking ?.
    its tom not tommy theres a difference between debating and argueing this thread should be about debating wheather to fire the g41 or not you are argueing (same the same thing over again)

If You do not plan to sell it.... use it! I think that life is short, so there is no fun if You have something really great but can not use it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast