Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WTK: Walther PP .22lr (pre War) w/ lanyard loop ?

Article about: I hate to plague this Board with Pre War / War-time pistol questions BUT I find the knowledge here to be a asset and quite honest..... Question: I have Jan Still's "Axis Pistols" b

ppkfan
    ?

Default WTK: Walther PP .22lr (pre War) w/ lanyard loop ?

I hate to plague this Board with Pre War / War-time pistol questions BUT I find the knowledge here to be a asset and quite honest.....

Question: I have Jan Still's "Axis Pistols" book but I can find no real mention of .22lr PP Walther in use by the German Military during the War. I know its a pretty rare bird, especially one that is so nice and pre War to boot (no import marks) and no post War markings. * The example I am looking at has all the right markings and is a very nice example BUT it has what looks like a lanyard "plug" in the bottom of the frame (mag well area).

Zella-Mehils; Crown N; high polish blue; 5.56mm/22lr; last digit of serial number is " P "; black plastic grips.

I really like the piece and feel it would be a nice collectible BUT this (lanyard loop hole) is bothering me. Can the Board please comment on this ? Ideas/advice/sugestions?

Default Re: WTK: Walther PP .22lr (pre War) w/ lanyard loop ?

Hi ppk,
    The "plug" you refer to is a common trait on the pp in .22. This example is Eagle N. I am not sure why people think these guns are rare but Simpsons has about 30 of them for sale
    https://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php...7cd025db35cb48
    They are neat little guns.I think the Eagle N's were more likely to have seen para-military use
    Regards,
    Jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WTK:  Walther PP .22lr (pre War) w/ lanyard loop ?   WTK:  Walther PP .22lr (pre War) w/ lanyard loop ?  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.