Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WTK: What is this weapon?

Article about: I took this photo of a multi barrel (german?) weapon in an ex soviet museum in Korsun Ukraine. What is it? Also what is this mp38 built on to? It is a soviet partisan crossed with some other

Default WTK: What is this weapon?

I took this photo of a multi barrel (german?) weapon in an ex soviet museum in Korsun Ukraine. What is it?WTK: What is this weapon?WTK: What is this weapon?

Also what is this mp38 built on to? It is a soviet partisan crossed with some other type weapon?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WTK: What is this weapon?   WTK: What is this weapon?  

Last edited by paragon man; 02-08-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Default Re: WTK: What is this weapon?

Are you sure it's a weapon? It may be a carrier for mortar rounds or something...

Looks like a multi-barrel launcher for something like flares. Too heavy to be a mortar round carrier, those things are heavy enough by themselves. If we had a better picture of the sign on the piece we might be able to get an idea of what at least the museum thinks it is.

I was not able to locate a weapon of this type in the Handbook on German Military Forces (US Army, 1945).
    Last edited by roger9344; 02-08-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: add information

The answer is very simple, just read the russian text at the bottom ;o)

That's what I had in mind, but the photos are not clear enough for me to do that. Need a closeup photo, well-focused, of the sign itself.

?

Im thinking its a multi launch system for some kind of rocket or flare projectile

The SMG is a completely new built weapon: not an MP38 convert, but clearly inspired by it. No doubt Partizan made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The SMG is a completely new built weapon: not an MP38 convert, but clearly inspired by it. No doubt Partizan made.

Cheers, Ade.
    It is , Adrian you are right as always

Самоделкин - партизан и партизанские самоделки :: NoNaMe

The SMG looks somewhat like the Yugoslav M56-a 7.62 x 25mm version/adaptation of the MP40 design-looks like someone had the idea a little earlier though!