Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Mausers

Article about: My WWI deact Mausers I have had both for a few years both are matching numbered apart from bolts and pretty much untouched. The Mauser K98 AZ is interesting as it is marked to the 22nd Drago

?

Default WW1 Mausers

My WWI deact Mausers I have had both for a few years both are matching numbered apart from bolts and pretty much untouched.
    The Mauser K98 AZ is interesting as it is marked to the 22nd Dragoon Regiment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Mausers   WW1 Mausers  

WW1 Mausers   WW1 Mausers  

Nice examples and thanks for showing Katana. Am not too familiar with the WW 1 mausers myself and notice the straight bolt vs. the turned down model on the later version. I know they were longer than the later 98k version but still great looking weapons. Mine is a 1940 243 code from my father which I will pass to my son someday.

Here's my -functional- 7mm Mauser M95 Short Rifle, produced by Ludwig Loewe, Berlin...For Export to Chile...
    The best thing about it is that there's no paperwork or license required as it was produced prior to 1899, and the ATF doesn't even consider it a "Firearm" anymore...I'm especially fond of the Turndown Bolt on this one...
    The M95 was also popular with the Boers against the British, btw...

cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 Mausers  WW1 Mausers  WW1 Mausers  WW1 Mausers  WW1 Mausers 

Thanks for sharing bigmac. These old war horses were sure built like tanks. Glad I have my 98k as these mil-surp rifles seem to be a of growing interest.

Glenn, being that your rifle is pre 1899 that means you can ship it straight to my front door.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Glenn, being that your rifle is pre 1899 that means you can ship it straight to my front door.
    Yes indeed UK Cousin...I bought it online from a Colorado Gun Dealer a few years ago and it was shipped to me with no problems at all...The Seller only asked for a copy of my Identification to verify that I'm over 18 years of age...cheers, Glenn

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Thanks for sharing bigmac. These old war horses were sure built like tanks. Glad I have my 98k as these mil-surp rifles seem to be a of growing interest.
    I agree, they sure are rugged - extremely well-built...and still as functional and deadly today as it was back then...a decent deal for $350 I felt...
    cheers, Glenn