Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Ww1 mg 08

Article about: Thanks for asking - after all this time I am still looking for the deck tools :>(

Default re: WW1 MG 08

Ww1 mg 08Ww1 mg 08

the Howitzer will be getting fresh paint, and the cenotaph has been blasted, polished & cleaned

Ww1 mg 08Ww1 mg 08Ww1 mg 08Ww1 mg 08

I bet most of you have never seen a Canadian gun like this lady!

?

Baz any update on the lovely MG08?
    Mark

You do know there is also a good home for her here??

?

Some relic views:

Ww1 mg 08

?

Big Daddy and 2 ugly daughters:
    Ww1 mg 08

?

Any news on the project? Or even better you have decided to give in and sell the relic to me!! :>)
    Look fwd to the images.
    Mark

hello, fellow forum members. I must appologize for not keeping up with my progress, but it was summer, and you know what happens...ya get damn TOO LAZY!

now, i f i can remember how to upload pics, Im gonna give you a good look at the work we did in restoring this gem.

Nice collection MG1918,

I have a soft spot for the MG08/15 - the costs involved are just too much for me to start collecting them - very sweet to see such a nice trio, though.

I am behind on restoring my WW2 heavy metal and those are expensive enough, lol.

Amateur gun restorer,
    Looking forward to seeing your progress on the MG, what a cool project, so great that they are taking the time to restore it, and not just let it rust away. Being Canada, will you have to fill it with weld like the other deacts up there?

Great stuff, guys,

Pit.

Ww1 mg 08
    with the gun flipped upside down, You can see massive coorosion, nasty hornet's nests. Stragglers flew out randomly for a day or two

Ww1 mg 08Ww1 mg 08
    rust was our biggest headache

Ww1 mg 08Ww1 mg 08What we thought looked like a random bullet hole looks like the gun was fired on while being carried on shoulders by the front legs. The bullet hole enters from the bottom pan and exits into the side of the oil box. The angle of the entry and exit would make this very possible that the gun was actually on someone's back at the time.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast