MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Firearms in use today, Any pics anyone?

Article about: Has anyone got any pics of ww2 small arms in use today (private historic collections dont apply) Ill start with a Ppsh41 in use a few years ago by the Afghan police, other spots were M3 Grea

Default Re: WW2 Firearms in use today, Any pics anyone?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    What a great assortment of weapons...Here they are:
    German MP-43 7.92X33mm (8MM short)
    Italian Beretta M38A 9mm
    Egyptian Hakim 8mm
    Italian Carcano Carbine with folding Bayonet (TS) 6.5mm
    USA M-14 7.62mm Nato
    Spanish M-43 Rifle 8mm
    Czech SHE M-52 7.62X45mm or converted to 7.62X39mm
    French Mas 49/56 7.5mm
    Russian M-44 7.62X54R
    What a small arms ordnance supply Nightmare
    bill thanks for that info!!

WWII collector
    ?

i once saw a photo of an airborne ranger using a PPsh with a foregrip and an EOtech holographic he just ruined an soviet icon!

i dont mean to sound offensive or crude but it sure seems like africa would be a goldmine of WWII weapons from all of these pictures. so many conflicts there have sucked up a lot of weapons from all over the world. it would probably be very cheap to purchase weapons there, especially soviet firearms.

its a shame that they are used for pointless conflicts nowadays instead of being in museums or collections where they belong : (

Some of the No8 .22 rifles at my cadet detachment have quite a few WW2 dated parts on them, and they're still going strong

Thanks

Danny
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 Firearms in use today, Any pics anyone? 

Went searching through google and found this one
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 Firearms in use today, Any pics anyone? 

Hello-the photo of the women with a huge variety of weapons is quite old-it was taken in the Ogaden region between Somalia & Ethiopia in about 1977-it was a staged propaganda pic showing what was supposed to be tribal militia. All of the weapons were used in the region over the previous years or so-MP43 probably supplied from East Germany as they were used by them post WW2until early 60s.

ian
    ?

hay Danny lovely to see some no8 again 1973 last time i held or fired one ,look after them mate ,they are iconic ,cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    hay Danny lovely to see some no8 again 1973 last time i held or fired one ,look after them mate ,they are iconic ,cheers ian
    Dont worry about them, I've been put in charge of the store and armory so they'll be well maintained as with all the weapons we have I think these are some of the weapons the cadets will never get rid of, even if it comes to the worst and they are phased out by the .22 conversion for the L98A2 my detachment commander will probably have them deactivated instead of seeing them scrapped, its a shame but its better than seeing them destroyed completely

Thanks

Danny

ian
    ?

good stuff Danny wonderfull to hear your looking after them with love , good on you cheers ian

Reg
    ?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Some of the No8 .22 rifles at my cadet detachment have quite a few WW2 dated parts on them, and they're still going strong

Thanks

Danny
    Cheers for those pics Danny, Many happy memorys with No 8 myself!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast