Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate

Article about: Enjoy this WW2 Japanese Ammo Crate for 1340 Rounds of 7.7 Ammo in 15 round boxes...BILL

Default WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate

Enjoy this WW2 Japanese Ammo Crate for 1340 Rounds of 7.7 Ammo in 15 round boxes...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate   WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate  

WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate   WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate  

WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate   WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate

Very nice crate, Spyman.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate

Hi Bill, nice crate, what are the dimensions? I collect Japanese also. I just ordered a real nice small crate that held 15, I think, have to look at the description again, of the M1 grenade projectors with a 3-44 date. I will post some pics when it gets here. I like crates and cans etc also, if not too large, my home is not big enough. Here is a pic of a sealed spam can of .45 ammo, it's missing the key, but not dented at all, I have tried to research if the T2AAF has anything to do with the USAAF, might you have any info? also a pic of a 100lb WWII parctice bomb? that I borrowed from Universal Studios in LA when a teenager, when security was not tight, and it was not the tourist attraction it is today. Glad the LAPD did not see me going back to my VW bug with it over my shoulder. It was in a prop storage building with other WWII props. It's been well over 35 years since I procured it, so the statute of limitations should be over. Do you know if it is an actual Mil practice bomb, that was filled with sand or other material for weight? It has 2 sturdy eyelets on the back you cannot see in pic, and is very well made, and thick sheet metal. I see no markings on it. It has obviously been repainted for prop use, but have always wondered about it. Judging from the time I "got" it, it may have been used in shows like McHales Navy, Rat Patrol or others that I forget the names of, from the late 60's early 70's Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate   WW2 Japanese Wooden Ammo Crate