Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use

Article about: Enjoy this Colt 'New Service' in .455 Eley or .455 Colt Cal. as sent to England in WWI.. All Colt New Service Revolvers Sent to England 1914 to 1917 will have the marking of a 'E' under the

Default WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use

Enjoy this Colt 'New Service' in .455 Eley or .455 Colt Cal. as sent to England in WWI.. All Colt New Service Revolvers Sent to England 1914 to 1917 will have the marking of a 'E' under the left Grip on the Frame...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use   WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use  

WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use   WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use  

WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: WWI Colt 'New Service' in British Use

Very nice Bill. I have seen a number of the older line Colts with the knob missing from the ejector rod. They must have come off easily. Whats your take on it?

Johnnie

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    Very nice Bill. I have seen a number of the older line Colts with the knob missing from the ejector rod. They must have come off easily. Whats your take on it?
    Johnnie
    They became loose from shooting and ejecting the ctgs. thus were lost..Mine was in the bottom of the holster, a little bit of lock-tite took care of that problem...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Older S&W are just as bad. I have a Smith 1917 in .45 acp, Brazilian contract model ,in storage back home. It is a tackdriver, especiallly with cast lead bullets, but the ejector rod end was always comming loose, and loc-tite was my answer too.

Johnnie

Bill -

Necro-Posting -

Just came across an interesting Colt New Service in .455 Eley myself - the ejector star seems to be slightly off sync with the chamber holes in the cylinder, doesn't appear to be a way to realign it.
    Is this an issue you may have encountered with this model before?

JVJ

It's not "Necro posting" as you put it, it's relevant to the subject

necroposting
    On a message board, posting something irrelevent on a really old topic to bring it to the top of the list topics. name comes from the fact that you are bringing it back from the dead

Here is how I fixed the same problem with a Webley MKVI. Get a socket the same diameter of a 45 round and gently I mean real gentle and tap the socket in to each cylinder. This should fix the problem... BILL

Thank you, Bill!

That is solid advice -
    I looked on the side of the ejector plate rod, and the lines seemed to match up with the cylinder, it was strange/
    I thought it had been reassembled incorrectly, but there was no facility for it to have been returned off-index -
    I will try your method, if no joy I'll simply look for a replacement ejector.

It is interesting, as the socket-set method is exactly how I reshape my WW2 German belts to .308 - (sacrilege I know, lol.)