Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle

Article about: I just had one of the must unbelievable week ends at the 1500 table Lousiville, Ky show. I picked up a super scarce, at least here in the states, an Enfield wire cutter attachment and also,

?

Default WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle

I just had one of the must unbelievable week ends at the 1500 table Lousiville, Ky show. I picked up a super scarce, at least here in the states, an Enfield wire cutter attachment and also, a just as scarce original 1917 Enfield grenade launcher and aquired it in the most unusual way. Here is the whole story on it. The best part is at the end of the thread,

M1917 US Grenade Launcher attatchment

The wire cutter fits the Lee Enfield, P14, 1917 Enfield and the Ross rifle.

And that's not all. Before I left to go to the show, I saw an add on one of the forums for a M10 Ross rifle for $250 shipped. The ad said it was a parts rifle and was not to shoot. Figured the parts were worth it so I bought it.
    When I arrived home from the show the rifle was at the house and after checking it, all I can find wrong with it is the bolt number is mismatched. On top of it the Ross is stamped "PLY" for Plymouth Navy base, so it is a Brit Royal Marine issue. So $250 for a Ross, got a scarce 1917 grenade launcher and the scarce Enfield wire cutter. Couldn't ask for a better weekend, Ray

WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle
    WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle

Default Re: WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle

Nice buy

Thanks
    Burt

Reg
    ?

Default Re: WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle

Nice finds....The DP stamp with the crossed swords mean it has been deactivated and is for "drill purposes only".

Lovelly rifle.

Reg

- - Updated - -

Just be sure this conforms ok with ATF as I dont think UK spec deacts are covered in the US.....I could be wrong though....it has happened before LOL

Reg

Ray, Very nice accessories.......BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Great find Bill. Seems you just keep finding these great pieces.

?

Samney I'm Ray but Bill does find some super things,

Ray

?

[QUOTE=Reg;607450]Nice finds....The DP stamp with the crossed swords mean it has been deactivated and is for "drill purposes only".

Lovelly rifle.

Reg
    It isn't deactivated and the stamp is crossed flags and under them is DPC. Not sure if that means "Drill Purpose condemmed" which maybe could indicate just that's it's obsolete or something else. I'm not sure.
    Any way I checked it out and also made sure the bolt had been put together right. Took it to the range and put 20 rds through it without a problem. The cases looked ok so the chamber has not been enlarged. Shot good groups but 6" to the left at 50 yrds.
    The windage sight is set to far to the right as the photo shows. I'm assuming the little sererated gears need to be rotated/turned to move the windage zero over but the gears will not turn or move more the a quarter turn. Am I doing something wrong? Ray

WWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifleWWI Enfield rifle Wire cutter, M1917 Grenade launcher and M10 Ross rifle

?

Well found out the stamp actually is DCP meaning Dominio of Canada Proof, Ray

Reg
    ?

Nice one Ray, Im wrong again! lol. Sorry about that! It looks very similar to UK deact stamps. Hope you enjoy shooting it, and what a great price?

Best wishes

Reg

?

Quote by samnev View Post
    Great find Bill. Seems you just keep finding these great pieces.
    Sorry Ray, I should have given credit to you for the great find you came up with.