Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WWII-Some German machineguns.

Article about: By the look of the photo with the top cover open it is either live firing or one of the European countries with a loser definition of deactivated. Very nice, regardless! - a platoon of trans

Default Re: WWII-Some German machineguns.

By the look of the photo with the top cover open it is either live firing or one of the European countries with a loser definition of deactivated.
    Very nice, regardless! - a platoon of transferable C&R MG's like that would value out at upwards of a quarter mil or so in the US.

Even if it was shootable, I am not sure I would shoot that '42 much, the extra heat might temper out that incredible "like new" finish. And one sure thing these guns do is heat up when they fire, lol - anyone here not been burned by theirs?

Pit.

?

Ive fired the modern versions of the '42 A LOT. I never got burned. Did have my (then) scraggly beard get nipped by the seam in the stock though.
    We did have one guy who tried to yank out steaming hot barrel quickly for a barrel change without glove and lost the barrel in the snow because he got burned, as he boasted that he was too quick to get burned.
    Barrel was ruined.
    Another two 'Einsteins' got the bright idea, that they would link five belts together and fire the lot in a 'dauerfeuer' scenario.
    Barrel was ruined.
    All three got a 'severe talking to'.....to put it diplomatically.

OP, if you worry about forum time limitations, you just put text and pics in a separate Word document and then put that in a post, when you have finished collecting your thought on 'paper.'

Great pics of great guns.

The '42 is simply an iconic gun instantly reqognizable and a milestone in MG design.

To this day, further developements of the gun is used by amongst others, the Coalition in Afghanistan.
    The soldiers love it. It has one big advantage over some other designs in the desert sand; it works!

That its still used since its introduction many decades ago is a testimony to the brilliant design.

Ha, yes, regarding burns, I apologize for my generalization - you are clearly a pro - I am not, lol -

Pit.

?

Thanks, but no need to apologize. By no means a pro - more like a happy amateur!.....and for once knew, what I was talking about
    I have goofed in plenty of other fields - just jumped at one of the few instances, where I hadnt messed up.....yet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3