Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yet another mosin

Article about: My latest mosin haven't 91/30. Here's the breakdown: 1943 with soviet crest Manufactured at Izhevsk Bolt body is from tula Cocking knob and extractor are Izhevsk Stock has soviet refurb mark

Default Yet another mosin

Yet another mosin
    Yet another mosin
    Yet another mosin
    Yet another mosin
    Yet another mosin

My latest mosin haven't 91/30. Here's the breakdown:

1943 with soviet crest
    Manufactured at Izhevsk
    Bolt body is from tula
    Cocking knob and extractor are Izhevsk
    Stock has soviet refurb mark

Not much collector value as these are common but the bore has nice deep hooves and imo the bolt has the perfect tension for charging. Should be a nice shooter. Just wanted to share

MAP
    ?

Nice. I know very little about Mosins. I only have one ratty one, but like yours it has the triangle/arrow mark. I think this indicates post war refurb (East German? I could be totally wrong about this).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The triangle and arrow are indications of manufacture at the Izhevsk factory post 1929. The same arrow without the triangle indicated before 1929.

MAP
    ?

So much for what I read somewhere..........LoL!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Honestly Map I didn't even want this one. I went to a gun store in hobbs new Mexico just looking for mauser ammo. Talked to the guy for a few mins about the mosin, said I already have 3. He said its been sitting there for a long time and he would knock $75 of the ticket if I would just get it out of his shop. End result, the mosin plus the bayonet, oiler, sling, yadda yadda $200.
    Rounds.

- - ------- - -

Didn't find the mauser rounds

MAP
    ?

I know how that works! All too often! But ya done well. So no loss there! Just $200 less to spend somewhere else

And you can never have TOO many. Can you? Only TOO few.

That was my question. How many is too many? I file this latest one as a part of my 401c retirement.. (C for collectables)

Can't go wrong with a Mosin. They are work horses, fun to shoot and cheap enough. Good for you. I should post pictures of mine one day.

nice rifle.

Quote by Tigersfan View Post
    Can't go wrong with a Mosin. They are work horses, fun to shoot and cheap enough. Good for you. I should post pictures of mine one day.
    I believe you should.