Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslav FN1922

Article about: Hi All, I though i would start a new thread about guns with unusual markings. I have this FN1922 but it is a little different this is what I have been able to find out. Yugoslav interior cre

Default Yugoslav FN1922

Hi All, I though i would start a new thread about guns with unusual markings.

I have this FN1922 but it is a little different this is what I have been able to find out. Yugoslav interior crest, the Cyrillic writing on the side seems to say State Property. the cal is 380 auto i think? and the chrome I have found on a few others so may be a factory option and the grips are made of horn. The serial no seems to put it at 1928/29vintage. if any of you chaps can add any info that would be cool.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yugoslav FN1922   Yugoslav FN1922  

Yugoslav FN1922   Yugoslav FN1922  

Yugoslav FN1922   Yugoslav FN1922  

Sonofglyndwr
    ?

Default Re: Yugoslav FN1922

Hi Andy,
    Did you get any information on the Yugo FN1922 with chromed parts?
    Gareth

Hi Gareth
    no not much but i have found the odd one the same looks like the chrome was done at the factory don't know what for though mat of been for officer or dress/parade use?
    Andy

Sonofglyndwr
    ?

Hi Andy,
    The pistol is dated 1922 - 24 going by the inspection mark on the left side.
    Gareth

Hi Gareth
    thanks for that i thought it was early but that would make it one of the first.
    Andy

Sonofglyndwr
    ?

Based on the fact that it's early, what do you think it's worth and would you consider selling it?
    Gareth

Hi Gareth
    thanks for the offer but i don't want to sell.
    As for value i paid £130 for it at beltring last year. the chap i got it from had a few and has for a couple of years, he sells lots of surplus on the floor outside his tent and has deacs inside. i dont know who he is but he is on the left hand side just over the road from all the dutch dealers & soldier of fortune.
    Andy

Sonofglyndwr
    ?

Hi Andy,
    No worries.
    I now have 4 FN 1922 including 2 Yugos that were in the proof house 7 years ago and have just been reunited. They have consecutive certificate numbers.
    One of them is identical to the the one in your pics.
    Gareth