Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslav M57 - lanyard?

Article about: I'm slowly collecting some accesories to go along with my M57 pistol and noted that the pistol has lanyard loops on both the frame and the floorplate of the magazines. Was this just a vestig

MVolkJ
    ?

Default Yugoslav M57 - lanyard?

I'm slowly collecting some accesories to go along with my M57 pistol and noted that the pistol has lanyard loops on both the frame and the floorplate of the magazines. Was this just a vestigal feature carried over from the TT-33, or were lanyards actually used with these pistols in Yugoslavian service? There's not a whole lot of information about these pistols out there, unfortunately, and searching for Yugoslavian Army lanyards has come up dry.

Oh, and here's a picture of the pistol itself.

Thanks!

-Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yugoslav M57 - lanyard?  

Default Re: Yugoslav M57 - lanyard?

Hello-I have a TT33 Tokarev and it doesn't have a lanyard ring on the magazine-I couldn't think of a worse place to put it-imagine grabbing for the pistol only to find just the magazine dangling there!

?

Lanyards weren't used on Crvena Zastava m57 pistols...those rings were just carried from TT-33.

LP, Jure.

MVolkJ
    ?

Thanks much! Saves me the trouble of looking for something that doesn't exist!

-Mark

?

No problem...Yeah, that would be heavy
    I had tryed to find out for what those rings were for several times, but I didn't find out nothing...

Greetings, Jure.