Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner

Article about: Morning gents I have had this liner for some time and it was near forgotten about . The liner it self is in very nice condition and IMO looked to be an unworn example with the exception of w

?

Default 1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner

Morning gents I have had this liner for some time and it was near forgotten about .
    The liner it self is in very nice condition and IMO looked to be an unworn example with the exception of were a mouse had managed to infiltrate my storage boxes and sabotaged the sweat band which now will have to be replaced
    There is what looks to be the remnants of a paper tag on the inside of the dome and a cross with a number 11 as far as I can tell there are no other markings any one have any thoughts on the manufacturer.

Thanks for looking

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner   1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner  

1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner   1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner  

1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner  

?

Default Re: 1967 Dated US M-1 A/B Liner

Beautiful example, I have a used and fairly beat up example of one of these, but it's great to be able to see your un-issued example.

I can also relate to your frustration regarding that Mouse, I would have most annoyed to discover the damage done to the sweatband!!!

?

A new sweat band should not be hard to come by as the one that is in the liner now was manufactured by Steinberg Bros inc out of New York if memory serves me correct
    The trick of it is going to be to find one with a DLA number that falls in the same range for the time of production 66/67

Regards Mark K

?

No worries, and I agree the sweatbands are easy to replace, but you wouldn't have to if it wasn't for that pesky Mouse eh!

Regards,Opex.