Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

afghan war SSh-68

Article about: just to share this rather salty soviet war in afghanistan bring back ,the outer crown shows some heat damage but internally is where the majority of the wear can be found ,the crown paint ha

Default afghan war SSh-68

just to share this rather salty soviet war in afghanistan bring back ,the outer crown shows some heat damage but internally is where the majority of the wear can be found ,the crown paint has all but shrunk and cracked and behind is a lot of sand remnants ,the liner pads are still intact but very loose and the chinstrap is long gone with the metal supports bent backward over themselves ,looks to be a poct size 2 and can make out 1988 on the ink stamp so a very late war issue afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68
    Regards James

good find James,

it looks like the metal pieces were bent back to make loops so the soldier could attach a field made chin strap of some type? Ive seen photos of soldiers with a piece of old webbing or scrap piece of material to make a chin strap

?

Nice to see another bring back.Mine was sent from Ialamabad. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

many thanks battlegear your explanation makes sense as the bare metal if left in there usual position are quite sharp objects and thank you richard ,forgive me if you have already shown here but id like to see a picture of your example if not too much trouble please cheers james
    Regards James

?

Another fine example James you as well got a little extra bonus from the sounds of it a little sand straight from Afghanistan these two vet bring backs all though not mine I found very interesting.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture afghan war SSh-68  

many thanks mark i always enjoy viewing these salty bringbacks ,the pair you show are real nice ,my example now sits alongside another middle east bring back ,exported czech vz 53 cheers jamesafghan war SSh-68
    Regards James

?

Hi James, very interesting Helmet and provenance buddy, I am very keen on bring back's again due to the provenance, thanks for showing it, and another excellent helmet for your ever expanding collection

many thanks gary im fond of the soviet design and well worn ones even better ,i would of posted this in the soviet headgear section but for some reason i dont get much interest on my items over there so i post here instead where there is a bigger following from world helmet collectors like yourself
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks gary im fond of the soviet design and well worn ones even better ,i would of posted this in the soviet headgear section but for some reason i dont get much interest on my items over there so i post here instead where there is a bigger following from world helmet collectors like yourself
    You are more than welcome as ever buddy, things are slow my end in regards to collecting any more Helmets, so it's always good to see what you have to show. And perhaps soviet collectors are a fickle bunch ?? ,either way I am glad you posted it in this section, or I might have missed it myself

Default my Afghan war Ssh68

James, I also have a Afghan war bring back Soviet mfg Ssh68 helmet and it also has the metal piece bent back in the same way yours have been bent back, maybe this was a common field modification when the original leather straps broke or needed replacement?

afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast