Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian M-75

Article about: Here's some more helmet's from my collection,first set of 3 pic's An Austrian M-75 otherwise known as a Stahlhelm 1, and the next 2 pic's an Austrian M-58 or Stahlhelm 2, strange how the mod

Post Austrian M-75

Here's some more helmet's from my collection,first set of 3 pic's An Austrian M-75 otherwise known as a Stahlhelm 1, and the next 2 pic's an Austrian M-58 or Stahlhelm 2, strange how the model catageries, are back to front!, i would have thought the M58 would be the Stahlhelm 1,etc.

A lot of people tend to buy these helmets, respray them to look like US M1's, i think they look great as they are.

Cheers
    Gaz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M-75   Austrian M-75  

Austrian M-75   Austrian M-75  

Austrian M-75  

Default Re: Austrian M-75

Hi Merluzza

That's useful, thanks mate.

Gaz

I just picked up this Austrian M-58 at the local flea market

the shell is the first model made in Austria by U SCH - 57 with original dark field grey paint finish and the US style hardware for the chin straps

made in 1957 by:

Heinrich Ulbricht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt (Austrian helmet manufacturer)

came with Austrian helmet net and the M-58 grey plastic liner with US style webbing with grey leather headband.

Austrian M-75Austrian M-75Austrian M-75Austrian M-75

I'm on the prowl for one of these. Spotted one a month or so back, sitting up on a shelf of an antique store disguised as as USMC K-POT. Had to pull the k-pot camo cover off to discover what it was. Might go back and see if it is still on the shelf this weekend. I think it's the later model however, plastic liner and liner clips, probably not worth much but we'll see what we can do.

Austrian M-75Austrian M-75Austrian M-75Austrian M-75Austrian M-75

Nice helmets.

As I served in the Austrian Bundesheer, we even had helmets, left by the US ! ...

HereĀ“s a U.SCH.58 showing the camo helmet cover, made of non further used, (weeded), camo uniforms and camo ponchos.
    This helmet-cover was not "officially" purchased in the Austrian Bundesheer, but "Army tailorings" manufactured them and obtained the paper pattern from the Heeresbekleidungs-Anstalt, (Army clothing department).

Austriaco M
    Last edited by Reibert; 10-08-2011 at 04:54 PM.

found this interesting picture of some Austrian soldiers wearing the M75 helmet, one looks Indian and another looks Chinese?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M-75  

?

Reibert, I really like the reversible cover made from a poncho, very nice indeed.