Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

Hi sorry for late reply Piotrek!
    very nice Manoverband..the one with the four fixings looks the same as mine...earlier I think..the other two look later..and or repaired with five fixings...
    have been busy for the War and peace revival show...both run up..and the show proper...but it has been a great show new acquisitions wise .....watch this space!!! some interesting finds M75 wise!!!! ..even if the weather was a bit "changeable"!!!
    right..i pulled some of my collection off the shelf for a much needed airing!!

Militarestrife band and reflective armband, reversible manover band and armband/ brassard, and finally Medic band and armbands/ brassard....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75  

?

Did anyone follow this auction for a 1st pattern Austrian Army Air Force MP's liner? It sold for a wapping £270!!!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/391892383769

Hi Ocad,

Three years ago another helmet like this was sold on Ebay. But it was the grey plastic version of the austrian liner.
    Painted almost in the same color scheme.
    Ocad, this has nothing to do with Air Force. It is a traffic regulators helmet.

Many Greetings
    Martin
    Last edited by Helminator; 10-03-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Is there an edit function for posts? I cant find it.

Hi Ocad,

I was thinking of your last post why you thought this helmet was used by the Air Force. It`s because of the stickers, right?
    These stickers are simply advertising for the austrian "Bundesheer". But you`re right! With this winglike shapes on both sides (in the middle is the Bundesheer sign)
    one could easely think this is something connected to the Air Force.

Finally found the edit Button :-) !

Many Greetings to all you M1 helmet collectors!
    Martin

?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the replies. Do you think the winged stickers were added later? The price for this liner is matching that of a WW2 Hawley!! and its only a Warrant Officer 2nd Class! I have seen how seldem these 1st pattern liners come up but I think the final sale price was ridiculous.... or am I far out on this one?

Hello Ocad,

nice to hear from you! I think so. They were surely added at a stage when this helmet was no longer in military use. And you`re right the price refers to nothing. Especially on austrian helmets there is not such a thing like a valid price guide (in my view). Three years ago a similar helmet was sold for "only" 100 Euros. I remember having seen an auction with a Berndorfer Helmet which ended approximately at 4000 Euros. A friend of mine from Austria told me later the price was completely unrealistic. Even it came with a liner and was painted. The secret lies presumably in the fact who takes part in the auction. If you could see the auction also internationally so this might be the solution.

By the way, have you seen the argentinian M1 helmet being offered on ebay.com? The seller was from Germany.
    And there was also a M1 shaped composite helmet being offered on british ebay two weeks ago, first announced as a trial helmet worn in the falkland war, later the seller changed this information. It was an indian composite helmet.

Many Greetings
    Martin
    Last edited by Helminator; 10-03-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Hello everybody,

I would like to show you a helmet liner which I believe was used within the early austrian forces.

It came together with an austrian steel helmet. Unfortunately the makers mark is gone but the

steel helmet is definitely from U.SCH.

Austrian M75

Austrian M75

As already mentioned the liner is the interesting part of the helmet set:

The liner is a late ww2 MSA liner.

In one of the helmet books I red about austrian motorcycle dispatcher helmets. Several different color schemes in which they painted the helmets were used.

Like the one above which went for 270 pounds.

If I got it right there was in the beginning not an official way painting the helmets. Every unit had there own color scheme.

Also on this helmet the color scheme is within the colors almost the same: White-green = Silver-green

The green circle probably was left over for a rank insignia.

What do you think of this?

Austrian M75

Austrian M75

Austrian M75

There is an older scheme under this green and silver painting (red line from the front to the back).
    Somebody wanted to see if this is something from Us Army ww2 so he started to remove the paint.
    Luckily he stopped after a few wipes.

Finally two pictures from the inside.

During the "silver phase" it belonged to, what I think was an austrian soldier. His name was presumably "Erhard Pichler".
    There is also a sign inside the dome. This could be some kind of unit or a tactical sign?

Austrian M75

Austrian M75

Pichler seems to be a very popular name in Austria:
    Pichler - Absolute Verteilungskarte des Nachnamens für Österreich
    In Germany this name is less popular and emerges near the austrian border:
    http://verwandt.de.karten.s3.amazona...r_absolute.png

Many Greetings!
    Martin

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast