Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

There's one on the bay U.K. with Blue U.N. liner and retention clips... here

" AUSTRIAN M75, (STAHLHELM 1 ), ARMY HELMET" BLUE LINER, | eBay

Quote by austromunga View Post
    There's one on the bay U.K. with Blue U.N. liner and retention clips... here

" AUSTRIAN M75, (STAHLHELM 1 ), ARMY HELMET" BLUE LINER, | eBay
    thats a nice find, I dont see the ones with the retention clips very often, but they seem to be available if you look on ebay regularly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Hi all

picked up another M75 liner with the yellow "X" mark for disposal...this one also has two deep Stanley blade marks as well!!!!! (see pics of yellow wax deeply ingrained in the cuts!!)

also I spotted a pair of Austrian M75 one of which is showing the yellow wax "X" and as discussed earlier in this thread here's some proof..... its on the shell this time!!! and one even has the liner clips too!! its on eBay in the States... (so no good for me again !!! DOH!!!) the seller also has a loads of interesting SADF stuff too!!! (again pity its in the U.S.)!!

here:-

Austrian Army Hlmt. - US M1 Style "Steel Pot" - Size Medium/ 56-58cm - Lot of 2 | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Alleluia !!!!! I have now joined the exclusive club of the "TEN LOBE LINERS"!!!! bought this one from a contact in Hungary!!! it came in a bundle with the militarstreife armband dated HBA 1965 makers mark A. Denhof Wein, and the white linen helmet band.... but the thing I really wanted was the elusive "10 lober" ... like Greg's two it's also an MP Frankenberg 1976 liner shell with also a nice HBA 1977 mark to the leather liner and MP F 1976 stamped inside too!!!!!! and scratched letters on four of the rear lobes H.A.N.E. name of owner!!????!!!! the shell is U SCH 76 batch 10 also with an HBA 1977!!! so I really think this set has been together all its life!!!,...now interestingly unlike Greg's it has white plastic washers for fitment to the liner shell (as opposed to his cork ones!!) only downside is the helmet chinstrap is frayed at one of the terminations... its fitted with the standard Austrian issue helmet net with the elastic fitment.
    any way here's the all important pics!!!

Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75  

Hah, I applaud your determination. Especially when I know how much time I spent looking at usually terrible pics en ebay and elswhere in order to find mine. If only I had had a useful Hungarian contact. Now of course we need to find out the how and why of the cork as opposed to plastic liner spacers. Its probably something real simple like the cork ones were early producution runs that proved to be either too much money and trouble or just not durable. But it would be nice to know for certain.

You know, not long ago people used to laugh if you said these Austrian M1 Stalhhelms were interesting - I think you're proving them entirely wrong. Keep up the good work!

Hi Greg ...
    yes I have bought a lot of Austrian army items in the past from Hungary!! I guess its just over the border and the two have pretty much always been closely linked (since the Austro/Hungarian Empire days!!!) most of my interesting Austrian M1 finds have come from over there!!! as for the spacers ... I'm fairly sure one or two of my bog standard M75 liners have white plastic spacers (instead of the more normal green)!! ill have to dig them out and have a look!!!
    Now Greg I think you have to take quite a sizeable chunk of the credit for raising the profile of the humble Austrian stalhelm too !!!!!!!! after all it was your finds of your two "10" lobers that showed me that they weren't just a myth!!!!!!!!!

Default Austrian M75 with liner retention clips

I finally found a nice Austrian M75 with the liner clips and a matching liner, both the steel shell & liner are mfg by the same maker U-SCH-76/1 and same year of manufacture 1976

the liner is the FJ60 style leather nine finger pattern without the webbing.

Default Austrian M58 & M75 for comparison

here's my Austria M58 and my Austria M75 side by side to compare the different details like the paint texture & color , chin straps, liners

Nice brace of Austrian stalhelm BG!!! The M75 you have has the limited production run ventilated leather liner head band and the only used in 76' year liner retention clips (also quite scarce!!) but unusually this one has the same stamping in the liner crown as the shell .....USCH 76 in yellow paint!! this is very unusual I have to say!!!!! I have many examples... and have seen even more!!!... usually with the HBA acceptance stamp or no stamp at all!!!..... but I have never seen before... with the shell stamp to the liner!!! ... most interesting!!!

Hi all
    Nothing new on the M75 helmet front to report!!..... but I do have a few interesting M75 liner type items to share with you..

Firstly a complete new un-issued leather and cross web headband in a tiny size 53-55 (well tiny for me anyways!!) stamped SCHULGA 96 and probably the reason for it never being used!! anyone know why the stamp is 96' I'm guessing its not the year... maker number .....or address maybe!!???? (see pics of the intact foam inside the fixing points)
    Secondly its an unusual liner chinstrap in white leather and with a chrome plated buckle!! (see pic next to a normal black leather one!!) guess it was a parade, honor guard, mp or even music corps.... as I have so far been unable to find any pictures of these in use!!???!!???

Austrian M75  

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast