Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Austrian Model 58

Article about: well done opex i do believe you have well and truly nailed this one did you use a surplus osterriech bundesheer od shirt for the scrim if you dont mind id like to show my example ,it came wi

Default Re: Austrian Model 58

It's the same with all the eastern bloc Ssh40 clones, very few people can be bothered but in my eyes they're very interesting to collect (only got a couple though!)

Quote by Opex View Post
    James and Jake, wise words, I completely agree.

It is such a shame, that some Helmets are overlooked as collectable!!!
    No, I think it is great.
    As much of my collection is centred around the first two decades during the cold war, 50s- 60s, I like that I still am able to afford most things I want for my collection

However, it is a shame that so much of the so called "undesirable" militaria is being tossed away or altered to look like WWII militaria. In the end the price is going to rise on what is left.

?

Again totally agree Gunny, I don't have any Russian models, but hope to add one or two in time.

37webbing, you're right ,that is a scandal when different nations helmets ( especially the M1 Clones) are made to look like US WW2 models..wrong,wrong,and wrong!!

I guess the good thing is the "unpopular" models are cheaper to source,that is if they have not been altered to look like US M1's!

Here's another Austrian model helmet from my collection, the second model, or Stahlhelm 1 ...very confusing, I added the camo M1 style cover and net so it displays better.Austrian Model 58
    Austrian Model 58
    Austrian Model 58

I like the European style leather "liner".

?

Quote by Opex View Post

I guess the good thing is the "unpopular" models are cheaper to source,that is if they have not been altered to look like US M1's!
    That is the best part of collecting something that is not in the "popular" bracket, the price is a lot more affordable
    and there are many more available to choose from

Brad.

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    I like the European style leather "liner".

Thanks for looking, yes I can only assume the Austrians "borrowed" the design from German helmets

?

Quote by Lidman View Post
    That is the best part of collecting something that is not in the "popular" bracket, the price is a lot more affordable
    and there are many more available to choose from

Brad.

Good point Brad,choices are good especially on a low budget

great looking setup on the stahlhelm 1 opex it really displays well its nice when you have minty unissued lids as they still retain that fresh leather smell ,but on the other hand salty lids also have appeal knowing the've been there ,i agree with you guys though less in vogue helmets are a lot kinder to the wallet,im the first to admit i can get a little obsessed with a certain genre of helmet once i start ,my bundeswehr helmets are a fine example after i bought my first m1a1 i realised there was half a dozen variations that came before this so of course i had to try and finish what i started ,it helps if you have an OCD im also a big fan of cammo covers of different nations each to there own i guess ,it does seem you guys are on the same wavelenght though
    Regards James

?

Thanks James, the liner is actually quite beat up ,whereas the leather cradle is quite unused..odd,I guess the liner was the original Stahlhelm 2 with the riddell cradle, later retrofitted with the later German style leather cradle.

And boy ,do I relate to the OCD side of things,the only therapy I get to buy more helmets,or drool over others collectors examples..sad but true..LOL.

?

Hi Fellow Collectors, this M58 has been "customised" with a US M1 cover, netting and scrim, I drew my inspiration from this rather famous picture which features on a Helmet specific reference book, I do not think it has turned out to bad,but would welcome your opinions so thanks for looking, regards Opex.
    Austrian Model 58Austrian Model 58Austrian Model 58Austrian Model 58Austrian Model 58Austrian Model 58Austrian Model 58
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Model 58  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast