Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Austrian Model 58

Article about: well done opex i do believe you have well and truly nailed this one did you use a surplus osterriech bundesheer od shirt for the scrim if you dont mind id like to show my example ,it came wi

?

Default Austrian Model 58

Hi Fellow collectors.

Here's an Austrian Model 58,complete with Net, I picked this one up many years ago from a market stall, for not much money, how much do you think these are worth today ( I guess not much)?

Opex.

Austrian Model 58
    Austrian Model 58

Default Re: Austrian Model 58

Nice lid and great condition!....

Opex these still sell for under £20 on ebay,just not everyones cup of tea im afraid............Jake.

?

Thanks for your nice comments Gunny.

And thanks for the evaluation Jake, that's interesting, I did not pay that much,so they have raised slightly in value!

I agree these are not that popular, in fact most I have seen have been converted to look like US helmets!

Thanks guys!

I know I have a bit of a problem about this sort of thing, but just what the hell *is* a 'popular helmet' ? And please, does it *always* have to be a TR stahlhelm or wartime M1? I Just Don't Get It.

Austrian Bundesheer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Model 58   Austrian Model 58  

Austrian Model 58   Austrian Model 58  

Austrian Model 58  
    Attached Images Attached Images Austrian Model 58  Austrian Model 58 
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-30-2013 at 04:26 AM.

?

I completely agree Greg, and I relate, why some helmets are more vogue than others does not make any sense to me????

After band of Brothers was released , every Euro clone M1 seemed to resprayed and was on ebay as an M2...wrong,wrong, and very wrong!!!!

- - Updated - -

Fantastic reference pictures BG, many thanks for posting them.

great looking lid opex ,so this is the designated stahlhelm 2 i guess ,im always confussed why the earlier model was 2 and the later m75 the stahlhelm 1 maybe i find out one day ,im afraid if a helmet doesnt have a swastica it receives very little recognition, it frustrates the heck out of me as a world steel helmet collector i think there is a difference in collecting for pleasure or investment ,personally im all for a bit of diversity and battle gear where would we be without your superb referance pictures
    Regards James

I do see where Greg is coming from,if a particular helmet isn't tied in with a global conflict from the past then its usually always overlooked,I think many collectors forget that these helmets were made for the intended purpose of combat situations regardless of how big or small that conflict may have been,give it time and watch the price of these increase dramatically.........Jake.

?

James and Jake, wise words, I completely agree.

It is such a shame, that some Helmets are overlooked as collectable!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast