Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Belgian helmet WW2

Article about: by Jack Thanks. It's always nice to know that I'm not doing something foolish (aside from amassing 55 helmets so far). Don't tell my wife. wow finally a collector who collects something diff

Default Re: Belgian helmet WW2

Quote by Jack View Post
    Thanks. It's always nice to know that I'm not doing something foolish (aside from amassing 55 helmets so far). Don't tell my wife.
    wow finally a collector who collects something differant other than m1's or german
    stahlhelms,im curious whats the differances between these belgium lids and french lids?they look the same to me except obviously the sale value on ebay.dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    wow finally a collector who collects something differant other than m1's or german
    stahlhelms,im curious whats the differances between these belgium lids and french lids?they look the same to me except obviously the sale value on ebay.dave.
    I've read that the design is identical but that the different pressing process altered the Belgian Adrians. The result is a flatter and wider rim. I have compared my M26/31 side-to-side with my two French M26's, and they are noticeably dissimilar. I really don't know how uncommon the Belgian helmets are, but the French ones are plentiful (if not cheap).

?

Ahh the wife, when I trimmed down my collection, I sold about 80 off which pleased her no end, until I told that I had 70 I was going to keep, at that point the level of deception dawned on her.

?

Well, an update. I am putting my Belgian M26/31 shell (with chin strap) up on eBay. I just bought a black-painted [police?] M26/31 with the lion's badge and "X. Buisset - Vilvorde" markings on the liner. The chinstrap has someone's name inked on, too. Paid $68.00 plus S&H! Strangely, this complete helmet (with chin strap) seems to weigh a lot less than my brown-painted shell for sale. Did the Belgians manufacture two types of M26/31? Who knows?

Well it can be a different manufacturer that might be the cause of a difference in weight. I would weigh them first to see if there is a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12