Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belgian helmet WW2

Article about: by Jack Thanks. It's always nice to know that I'm not doing something foolish (aside from amassing 55 helmets so far). Don't tell my wife. wow finally a collector who collects something diff

?

Default Belgian helmet WW2

Belgian helmet WW2Belgian helmet WW2Belgian helmet WW2Belgian helmet WW2Belgian helmet WW2Belgian helmet WW2Belgian helmet WW2

Hello guys,

here this old Belgian helmet out of WW2.
    Original liner, no chinstrap. Little damage on the top.
    What's the value of the helmet please?

Thx,

Kris.

?

Default Re: Belgian helmet WW2

Who knows. I just paid $152.00 for a shell on eBay. At least you have a liner. Jack

?

Bloody heck! $152? That seems to be a bit too much. Are Belgiam M23s really that rare?

Nitram

?

I think you can find them for 50$ or so.

K.

?

It really depends on your luck as seller or a buyer, good examples of Belgian army helmets are not that common, but also not that collectable.
    Collectors Guild has one for $410 , but I would say up to $200 for a good complete one is more realistic.
    Steve.

?

I have only been collecting for 6 months. I haven't seen any other Belgian M26/31 helmets around for sale on eBay or elsewhere. Maybe I overpaid. Who knows. There are more scarce lids, that's for sure, such as the Greek M34/39. The latter seem to go for a small fortune. I guess they all can't be nice cheap Bulgarian M36's, right? Jack

?

I wouldn't be too concerned, the reason you paid $152 is because somebody else went up to $151. They are nice helmets, and normally not messed with. It will hold it's value.

If you are looking to buy a Greek helmet make sure you post here first, there are a few things you need to check for that affect the value.
    Steve.

?

I'm afraid that I am already the high bidder by far on the eBay auction which ends early Monday. (They don't appear often, and I just lost another eBay M34/39 when someone added about 200 GBP at the last second.) Anyway, I know to look for lower rivet placement, no large vents (unlike its platform, the M33), and the proper liner with the Greek cross and wording stamped into the leather. The photos seem to reflect all that. Is there anything else you wanted to warn me about these expensive babies? Thanks. Jack

?

Jack, if it is this one ITALIAN MADE GREEK ARMY M.34-39 STEEL HELMET WWII | eBay it looks good, color is important, after war they were painted a darker green, you have everything else covered. You may get a surprise, I sold 2 on e-bay a few years ago, one went sky high, the other a week later got more like the price I was expecting. Again, a nice original helmet, it will hold it's value.
    Good luck.
    Steve.

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Jack, if it is this one ITALIAN MADE GREEK ARMY M.34-39 STEEL HELMET WWII | eBay it looks good, color is important, after war they were painted a darker green, you have everything else covered. You may get a surprise, I sold 2 on e-bay a few years ago, one went sky high, the other a week later got more like the price I was expecting. Again, a nice original helmet, it will hold it's value.
    Good luck.
    Steve.
    Thanks. It's always nice to know that I'm not doing something foolish (aside from amassing 55 helmets so far). Don't tell my wife.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast