Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belgian M1

Article about: A recent pick up for me, I normally only collect German but this one dropped at my feet so I felt it would be rude not to give it a home I've just realised I've not got a shot of the liner a

Thumbs up Belgian M1

A recent pick up for me, I normally only collect German but this one dropped at my feet so I felt it would be rude not to give it a home

I've just realised I've not got a shot of the liner as a whole, and I don't have it with me now...... schoolboy error.... it is in good condition anyway.

Not a bad score for less than 8 quid I reckon

Belgian M1Belgian M1Belgian M1

And I got bored today so decided to scrim up my other non German lid. It is a British 1952 Mk4 under all that.

Belgian M1

?

Default Re: Belgian M1

Love the textured finish on it. First time I've seen a Belgian helmet with a texture. Liner looks to be 71' dated?

I'll have to take your word for the helmet being under that scrim!

Nitram

I like the texture too, and yes I make 1971. Does it looks like an American reissued pot to you now mate? The inside of the shell has been repainted I think, there are some runs. ABL is stamped in white paint by one of the bales.

Cheers!

?

The texture certainly reminds me of a cork finish. Is the rim stainless steel or manganese (ie, is it shiny under the paint or rusty?). Also check the front half of the helmet for number stamps. Maybe NickD or someone with more experience in US M1s can chime in?

Nitram

The rim is shiny under the paint, I didn't see any markings inside the pot except the white ABL, but I'm pretty sure the inside at least has seen a new coat of paint. Are they stamped into the steel like on German lids or just marked onto it? I really should have taken much more detailed photos.

?

The US heat stamps were stamped into the steel. If the rim is stainless, then chances are it's not US. There were very very few rear seam stainless steel rimmed US lids, and even those are more of a speculation than a reality as far as I know. Can anyone shed some light on the textured finish? A textured finish on a euro clone is news to me.

Nitram

Ah OK, Belgian made shell it is then I'd like to hear about the paint too. As I said, not my field but I'm intrigued that you are intrigued

?

Snapped a few quick pictures of mine. The liner in mine DOES have a textured finish, but the helmet itself lacks one. Or it is very worn out (it was repainted at least twice before I repainted it.). You can see how the liner in mine is very similar to a US WWII type. Sorry for the low quality of some of the pictures.

Belgian M1
    Belgian M1
    Belgian M1
    Belgian M1

Nitram

those Danish lids I was telling you abut in the case had fibre liners like that, a couple I saw later had thick grey plastic liners with grey webbing chinstraps. Nice repaint it looks good.

?

Ah, shame they were lost! I've seen a few different colors of webbing pop up, usually to match the color of the lid. Even saw orange once.

A fried of mine did the spray job. The flag is sprayed on too, instead of being a decal as it would have been originally, however it's in the same place/size.

Nitram

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast