Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belgian M15 Adrian Helmet, Original?

Article about: Hello, how are you guys?What do you think about this Belgian M15 Adrian Helmet?it is in very good condition for his age. it is original?or the badge, liner and chinstrap are repro?and it is

Default Belgian M15 Adrian Helmet, Original?

Hello, how are you guys?What do you think about this Belgian M15 Adrian Helmet?it is in very good condition for his age.
    it is original?or the badge, liner and chinstrap are repro?and it is repainted?

Greetings.

Default Re: Belgian M15 Adrian Helmet, Original?

Hi Amilcar I don't know about this lid as I collect German only but welcome to the forum!

Hello Amilcar,

This helmet is a "reconstruction". The lion is of the M31 pattern and was of course not fitted on a M15. The liner looks very new as do the corrugated parts. The strap looks ok, but for a post war helmet. The French straps were very flimsy and were replaced post WW1. The layer of paint is of a very new quality. To my mind nothing survives for nearly 100 years in such a condition, not even me.

Look at this Belgian site. In Dutch (and some French) but the pics tell their own story. Frameset Go to the menu on the left and click on "hoofddeksels", then choose "helm" and click on the Adrian M15 or M2? or Adrian M31.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 06-29-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: additional info

Badge, paint, liner and chinstrap are all recently added to this helmet.

Cheers,

Ray