Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

belgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lids

Article about: here's my belgium trio showing the variations of the jigsaw cammoflage from the 1st generation to the 3rd on my composite shuberth enjoy james

Default belgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lids

here's my belgium trio showing the variations of the jigsaw cammoflage from the 1st generation to the 3rd on my composite shuberth enjoy james belgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lidsbelgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lidsbelgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lidsbelgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lidsbelgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lids
    Last edited by James C; 03-22-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Regards James

Default Re: belgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lids

nice helmets coljames.
    are these covers reversible or just camo on one side.

thanks geelong ,the covers are one sided only allthough the pattern does bleach through faintly on the reverse ,regards james
    Regards James

?

Excellent comparison shot James, it is interesting ( as a camo collector) that colours changed through the different versions,the second versions light green being more mustard than the first version for example..nice mate!

i agree opex ,the first design light green is almost a lime colour and it gradually darkened as it evolved ,thanks for looking your thoughts are always welcome pal
    Regards James

Hi James whats the time frames for these covers?............Jake.

hi jake ,the first pattern was from 1956 through till the mid 1970's after that the second pattern followed untill the late 1980's and the third pattern was from the late 1990's onwards including a desert pattern jigsaw and in between the belgiums trialed there own version of the german bundeswehr flecktarn style
    Regards James

The first time i saw the jigsaw camo in the flesh was in a little village called Otterburn up in the Northumberland national park, it was back in the late 90s when i used to do firework displays with my mate, we had set up the display in the village when about 20 Belgian squaddies wandered in, i tried buying a spare pair of pants from them but they were having none of it!...

great story gunny
    Regards James

Thanks James the middle one seems to be by far the most common I see displayed on various m71 french and german helmets...........Jake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast