Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Article about: Could it be that the Belgians simply wanted the best of both worlds with the W German M1A1 Para shell being superior to the French F1 Shell and the French F1 liner being more to their liking

Default Re: belgium m71 parachutist helmet

I recently bought a couple of these - one with the French and one with original German liner. What baffles me is exactly *why* the Belgians went to the effort and expense of changing the liners on some but not all of these shells. It apparently was done in-house and they weren't delivered from new as such. There's no obvious reason why the Belgians did this as they did not/do not otherwise use the F1-type liner in any other shell.

Anyone have any solid information on this?

Greg Pickersgill

I wonder if you could exchange the helmet Russ
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:34 PM.

hi the one on the right has been up for sale for like an eternity,50 euro is that good?never thought anyone were ever interested in these as this has been sitting around so long,dave.

Hi Greg ,as for the liner fitted to these i still have to do more research but did notice there should be a French F1 chin cup present which unfortunately is missing on mine
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:38 PM.

James, the M71 I purchased was not from the guy in Italy, it was a local eBay purchase and if fact arrived today. I sure do like that camo and banded on however. I'll snap some photos of all the stuff we've picked up, over the past couple of months and get them posted on a new thread either today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Russ

Looking forward to viewing your purchases once you post them up on the forum Russ
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Quote by col james View Post
    hi greg sorry mate i missed your post im glad you think they are collectable also ,as for the liner swop i am totally in the dark on the plus side im missing the chin strap cup so a french replacement shouldnt be to hard to find and hello MM 50 euro's sounds a tad dear not unless i got mine for a bargain but it must be overpriced to be sat there this long cheers james
    most of his stuff is well lets say a bit steep for a novice collector like me,the site has just been updated and had a look and that was it for me,but to be fair he's not the only one at it is he?to be honest i think the fun has gone out of collecting really dont you guys agree?dave.

Quote by col james View Post
    i cant wait to see what you purchased russ ,ill keep my eyes peeled for your threads
    I will post a new thread, with all the new treasures, some time tomorrow morning

MM i can't always compete when it comes to a bidding war between buyers especially if it goes above my monthly budget
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:32 PM.

?

I quite like the helmet, but yes; strange that they bothered to go to these lengths

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast