Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Article about: Could it be that the Belgians simply wanted the best of both worlds with the W German M1A1 Para shell being superior to the French F1 Shell and the French F1 liner being more to their liking

Default Re: belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Russ resurrect away as its always good to hear from you
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Russ as promised here are those pictures of the jigsaw cover i picked up but likely to suit the composite lid better as its dated 1994 belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Krikke1980;586798]Attachment 349329Attachment 349330Attachment 349331Attachment 349332Attachment 349333Attachment 349334Attachment 349335Attachment 349336

This is the kevlartype we're jumping with at the moment. I really don't know which type it is. Maybe you can help me. Pics are with Belgian camouflagecover and without. The helmet accually as no liner but fixable little pillows for the big coneheads in our ranks. :-) The disadvantage of this system is that in winter when it freezes, they become as hard as stone. Not for long offcourse when you have the helmet on your head. I hope you like the pictures.

Cheers,
    I wonder now whether this model type is the B828 also used by Bundeswehr paratroopers
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:15 PM.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    possibly because the F1 liner system is adjustable one size fits all the German liner is non adjustable

makes it easier to supply by using the F1 liner for airborne use
    Because the Belgian army always want to do things on their way and always looking for the cheapest way to get their gear.

K.

?

[QUOTE=col james;755436]
    Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    Attachment 349329Attachment 349330Attachment 349331Attachment 349332Attachment 349333Attachment 349334Attachment 349335Attachment 349336

This is the kevlartype we're jumping with at the moment. I really don't know which type it is. Maybe you can help me. Pics are with Belgian camouflagecover and without. The helmet accually as no liner but fixable little pillows for the big coneheads in our ranks. :-) The disadvantage of this system is that in winter when it freezes, they become as hard as stone. Not for long offcourse when you have the helmet on your head. I hope you like the pictures.

Cheers,
    i wonder now whether this model type is the b828 also used by the bundeswehr paratroopers ,james
    This helmet, which is mine, is a very good helmet to jump with.

K.

Hi all
    I think this is the best place for my latest acquisition !!!
    Its a West German M1A1 LL made by SW in 1972, but judging by the replacement strap fitting screws and the "absent" space for a Belgian tricolour national flag sticker it's actually a Belgian Para M71 type helmet!!
    named to leather headband Servais pl Mortier
    I also fitted a later Kevlar type Jigsaw camo cover !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture belgium m71 parachutist helmet   belgium m71 parachutist helmet  

belgium m71 parachutist helmet   belgium m71 parachutist helmet  

Very nice Paul and interesting markings ,thanks for contributing
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Just seemed like there was a perfectly good thread already well under way!!! and its nice to revive some old threads now and again!!! and also seeing as many a member on here... myself included.. have already voiced... the numerous postings of a similar if not the exactly the same topic/subject, in a myriad of different posts/threads a little frustrating at times!!

I totally agree Paul
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Hi all

Just one Belgian M71 to add to the collection!!
    first up its an unusual painted example I picked up from a Belgian dealer at this years war and peace show!!
    I couldn't resist the painted exterior painted over the Belgian tricolour !!!!! ... three colours, light green, dark green, and black on top of the standard od green, and yellow chalked "60" on the front!!
    VDN made size 71 shell and it still retains its original extra leather Belgian issue para chinstrap (often discarded or lost!!) as with my other M71 example the bolts have been replaced with non original type!!(see pic) guess the Germans didn't supply any replacement bolts when they sold the Belgians the M1A1 LL helmets.. or perhaps not the special tools to remove them with out damage!!?? as I have seen so many Belgian M71 helmets with all kinds of bolts used!!!!
    this particular example is also named to a LT Dillien

comments please guys!!??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture belgium m71 parachutist helmet   belgium m71 parachutist helmet  

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast