Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

Article about: Well gang, there's a thread running in the German Helmet forum and also in the Allied helmet forum. Annoyed from this ads?   Time to show off your best acquisition of 2014. It doesn't n

Default Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

Well gang, there's a thread running in the German Helmet forum and also in the Allied helmet forum.
    Time to show off your best acquisition of 2014. It doesn't need to be rare, or expensive, just whatever you liked the best.

MAP
    ?

Well, I guess I will be first up. Maybe not rare over in Europe but I don't see these in the US

M1916 CDT Portuguese helmet with complete early cloth liner and chinstrap

Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

BTW - I think this was 2014....It may have been late 2013...but I wasn't a member then

Next up is a fairly common Dutch M34 helmet but in really nice shape...

Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't know if this fits but I like showing it so here it is. M1917A1 Kelley picked up last weekend. Simple helmets but I love the rough texture that's often found on them.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I don't know if this fits but .......
    I wanted to post my WW1 US field service Adrian helmet but wasn't sure either

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

post away michael ,id like to see it mate great lids so far

my favorite purchase this year ,east german stahlhelm m56 with early liner Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

MAP
    ?

As you wish James.

This helmet could go in multiple "Best of" threads. This is a WW1 US Field Service helmet but as you can see it is an Adrian helmet with a non-French liner. These were worn by the American Field Service volunteers recruited from the Ivy League colleges prior to the US entering the war.

There is very little information on these helmets. From what I can find there were only 2,500 volunteers. As such, as far as I know, these are EXTREMELY rare. Plus, for 100 years of age, this is in as close to mint condition as you could expect.

I am still looking for more information so if anyone here knows anything beyond what has been provided already (see link) please chime in.......

US Field Service Adrian Helmet WWI

While rare, I honestly do not know what the value is given the scarcity.

Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

I have acquired a number of helmets through the year, but unquestionably the most exciting find was something I got just a week or so back, and wrote up here Austrian M75 . In simple, this is the 10-lobe version of the Austrian M75 liner and I had been looking for one for well over 10 years, so eventually getting *two* via Ebay Austria was a huge delight.

Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

On the other hand I have got another one or two (not saying any more) examples of perhaps my favourite helmet, the french mle45 'Jeanne d'Arc'. There's just that something about this design that pleases me a very great deal, and a little line of them is even more a delight. Here's just one as an example (its the more common blue Air Force issue, the brown Army issue is distinctly rare) -

Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

?

I have added a few helmets from around the globe to my collection this past year but these two have to be my favorites
    I had been on the hunt for a rimless Mk IV to add to my collection of Mk III's,Mk IV's and Mk VI's and was lucky enough to acquire this example a few months back it is a 1953 dated BMB and it would appear to be the only year the rimless model was produced this particular example appears to have its original post war textured OD green paint and is sporting a CCL III 1953 dated liner and has a ghost of an imprint on the shell from were a camo net had been resting on it for some time .
    These do not come up for sale in the market place very often !!!!
    Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition
    And I purchased this Mk II HSRAC strictly as a curiosity as I really liked the camo pattern and have not seen an example like it before the camo paint looks to have been on this example for some time as I can see what looks to be legitimate age to the paint with some scuffing and scratches and a little rust poking through here and there in a few places which is evident by the images of the dome and the helmet rim.
    It is sporting what appears to be a very late model Mk 5 liner and a Mk 4 chinstrap.
    It makes for an interesting display and conversation piece and display's rather nicely in my collection.
    Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" editionBest helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition

Regards Mark

Not much steel helmets for me thise year.
    But I loved my Roumanian Adrian.
    The picture I am using is from a albelli foto album I made, regarding my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Best helmet of 2014 "world tour" edition  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast