Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

BGS helm and items

Article about: Hi all Just received my newest acquisition... its a BGS M53 (M35 style) bought it off eBay but the photos only showed the outside..so I was made up when it arrived with nice soldier name mar

Default BGS helm and items

Hi all
    Just received my newest acquisition... its a BGS M53 (M35 style) bought it off eBay but the photos only showed the outside..so I was made up when it arrived with nice soldier named markings, Ralf Becker, R.B. !!! I've added a genuine BGS opfor reversible (yellow, red) band, an unissued BGS thick "cargo" Tarn net and a BGS sumpftarn parka hood as a camo cover. I have some BGS ammo pouches, belt and a "Y" strap somewhere and will post em up when I find them!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS helm and items   BGS helm and items  

BGS helm and items   BGS helm and items  

BGS helm and items  

?

Very nice all original looking Helmet, the cover and netting look's particularly effective too, I sold one of these models last year and am now regretting it as they are fairly scarce

I like the way the BGS helmet looks with the thick green netting over the camo cover

the photo shows a group of BGS with the same type of nets on their helmets during training in the field
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS helm and items  

as i said before very nice mate and the set up looks superb when i posted my example before i cheated ever so slightly ,i dont own a bgs helmet but for the display used my TR m42BGS helm and items
    great photo battlegear ,i had to do a double take if it was'nt for the bell huey id of thought a period heer or waffen ss photograph

Great looking lid!.....

Quote by James C View Post
    as i said before very nice mate and the set up looks superb when i posted my example before i cheated ever so slightly ,i dont own a bgs helmet but for the display used my TR m42

great photo battlegear ,i had to do a double take if it was'nt for the bell huey id of thought a period heer or waffen ss photograph
    The BGS did use German WWII shells like the M42 and added new paint & liners before they made the post war BGS helmets.

TR era M42 shell that had the 3 liner retaining holes welded shut and a post war liner added [photos from another forum]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS helm and items   BGS helm and items  

Ok guys nice lids!! now here's the pics of the belt, "Y" straps and ammo pouches