Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BGS helmet

Article about: Please, please, please.... I m after a BGS helmet , M 35 style with the liner supported from the top... Where do I find one????? It will go well with my east German helmets, any help or lead

?

Default BGS helmet

Please, please, please....

I m after a BGS helmet , M 35 style with the liner supported from the top...

Where do I find one?????

It will go well with my east German helmets, any help or leads would help

Default Re: BGS helmet

Do show the one you received today

?

Thanks to a forum member for the lead on this one. What can anyone tell me about it? The foam inside the liner, under the leather is disintergrating, so would this be a 70's or 80's??????

Came inside a padded cloth bag.....is this how they were issued, or just a nice dealer making sure it got to me safe???

Not up on these as to styles, or years in service. Only markings are stamped in the shell, and the markings on the liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS helmet   BGS helmet  

BGS helmet   BGS helmet  

BGS helmet   BGS helmet  

Quote by qotd View Post
    Thanks to a forum member for the lead on this one. What can anyone tell me about it? The foam inside the liner, under the leather is disintergrating, so would this be a 70's or 80's??????

Came inside a padded cloth bag.....is this how they were issued, or just a nice dealer making sure it got to me safe???

Not up on these as to styles, or years in service. Only markings are stamped in the shell, and the markings on the liner
    qotd........information has already been put on the forum at your bequest regarding these helmets, I dont want to sound a bit miffed, or perhaps I do ! but any reply when information is requested and given is nice to recieve, when one has spent the time and effort to research that question, I recieved none from you....have you read the replies ?...... posts 8 thro to 12 Welcome to the new Bundeswehr sub forum. at War relics forum M1952 BGS Helmet. at War relics forum
    Your helmet is a Model 1953, (Foam and plastic being used in the 1950's) made by " Linneman & Schnetzer" as indicated by the stamping of the LS in a double circle, helmet shell size is 61, I doubt the helmet was issued in the bag, helmet worn into the early 1970's. See here again... ALEMÁN 35
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 03-22-2012 at 11:34 PM.

?

Im sorry you are miffed, i did read the info on the forum, and the site you directed me too, but it was in french.

The second part of your comment wa s the info i was after, not on BGS helmets in general, so thankyou.

I did send a reply, however i may not have hit the button correctly, this happens often to me, not just here, as i am on a fair whack of medication at the moment to keep me calm, due to being wounded 5 years ago, agsin i apologise.

I bought this kniwing it was a BGS helmet, but was simply asking for clarification and what this particular helmet was, wether the liner was correct, wether the chinstrap was correct or sny other info those with more knowledge could pass on.

Quote by qotd View Post
    Im sorry you are miffed, i did read the info on the forum, and the site you directed me too, but it was in french.

The second part of your comment wa s the info i was after, not on BGS helmets in general, so thankyou.

I did send a reply, however i may not have hit the button correctly, this happens often to me, not just here, as i am on a fair whack of medication at the moment to keep me calm, due to being wounded 5 years ago, agsin i apologise.

I bought this kniwing it was a BGS helmet, but was simply asking for clarification and what this particular helmet was, wether the liner was correct, wether the chinstrap was correct or sny other info those with more knowledge could pass on.
    Your M53 is correct and original throughout.....the site in French can be translated into English, copy the sites ip and then paste on google search page, when the site is listed on the google page, you will see a smalll "translate" mark at the side of the site name, hit it and hey presto ! its a form of English (understandable). It is a very knowlegable site.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Ok no worries, thanks for the confirmation. I Could have been more clearer in my original question. Just wanted to make sue there were no obvious red flags