Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Border Protection Group 9 helm

Article about: just to share my issued Grenzschutzgruppe 9 der Bundespolizei helmet this one is the first model issued to the gsg9 unit after there inception in 1973 , you may notice this helm shares sligh

Nice helmet, and nice display. I could see these
    lids being (heaven forbid!) tarted up into
    FJ helmets.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That is an awesome set up James. Just love it!!!!
    Congrats!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

thanks again guys ,im glad you like the helm and my hastily knocked up mannequin style display
    Last edited by James C; 04-24-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Had a look on US ebay last night and one minty Helm with net wait for it $300 or best offer,for a 1970's made Lid,thought postwar stuff was mean't to be a cheaper alternative to ww2............

?

Hi Jake there are some postwar produced helmets that are quite rare and were produced in small numbers there is an early trials variation to this helmet and it is not uncommon to see them sell for $500.00-$750.00 Cdn when one comes available on the market I have seen these early variations sell for $400.00-$450.00 .

PS... send me a link to the auction please I may have a go at it

Regards Mark

?

Very nice James, very nice indeed buddy.

These are "HIGHLY" collectable in my opinion, so I am pleased for you that you have a really nice example

@ JamesC

I´m sure you know who´s the guy with the beret is, do you ?

jake thats a very good point ,you would think post war items would be cheaper ,the whole thing is sewn up so you cant win either way seriously though ,for example even nam m1's have gone up in price ive noticed and i suppose one day they will be out of the grasp of the newbie collectors ,i doubt i will ever own an ss helmet but i wont lose sleep about it allthough if one came along i wouldn't say no ,many thanks gary im glad you like mate hi reibert its a founding member of the unit ,Ricky Wegener

CBH
    ?

I think the thing about this Helmet is the fact it was a issued to an Elite Unit , with a small number of members , with a world wide reputation . Production must have been small , making this a very rare helmet . I would love to own one .

hi chris and thanks i never thought of it that way before ,i wonder how many were manufactured ,cheers james

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast