MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

brittish tank helmet trio

Article about: hi all heres my british vehicle helmet collection 1950's rac ,1980's avc and modern cvc as used in afghanistan

Default brittish vehicle helmet trio

hi all heres my british vehicle helmet collection 1950's rac ,1980's avc and modern cvc as used in afghanistan brittish tank helmet triobrittish tank helmet triobrittish tank helmet triobrittish tank helmet trio
    Last edited by James C; 09-02-2012 at 10:48 AM.

?

Default Re: brittish tank helmet trio

Very nice examples James, love the way they are displayed too.

I specifically like the Afghan model.

thanks opex im glad you like them its a bit of a tank helmet timeline i guess ,cheers james

Another Great Grouping......

thanks for popping in to have a look russ ,i guess im gonna have to start on the US cvc's now ,cheers james

?

No worries,Great idea for the timeline of these helmet genres.

Yes James, the US CVC's are come nice helmets. We've got a later model on the shelf already and I placed a bid on an older CVC about a week ago....still in "negotiations"...LOL. The kids been spending all of the collection kitty money on Soviet Afghan stuff lately so no new helmets

russ i would love to see some pics of your US tankies that would be swell if you ever post pics give us a shout in the right direction thanks james

James,

If you don't mined, I'll post our one US CVC here instead of starting a new thread. It does not look like we are going to get the other CVC helmet, can't negotiate a fair price, but if we do, I'll create a thread with both of them in it. Anyway, here she is.

Me and the kid went out to the VW auction and somehow came home with this.......

US DH-132A CVC helmet mfr'd by GENTEX. In use between the early 1970's through the mid 1980's. Used with Bradley Fighting Vehicals and armored personnel carriers. Don't think these were the same helmets used by US tankers but I could be wrong.

Russ
    Last edited by MySonsDad; 08-29-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added tech info

russ that is one tasty looking lid i really like it ,i can see similarities between your us and my brit tankies thanks so much for sharing i take it the older one your after is vietnam period ,james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast