Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

From Bulgaria with love...

Article about: good idea its not worth stripping the paint back alot of the time they removed it completely so there could be nothing under it .cheers

Default From Bulgaria with love...

Hi All, Hope you got the james bond movie reference, anyway, Ive been wanting one of these to add to my collection, they are very inexpensive yet a very nice item for any helmet collector, I patiently waited for one with a nice decal because many are worn off or post war painted on. I know the C types are the most common but thats fine with me, im picky but not that picky, this one has just the right amount of wear and tear, its the usual small size with a nicely worn size 55 liner and the only fault is two of the tounges have been partially cut off, not sure why but there is some staining in that area, maybe blood???? anyway just thought I would share. hope you enjoy.
    From Bulgaria with love...From Bulgaria with love...From Bulgaria with love...From Bulgaria with love...From Bulgaria with love...From Bulgaria with love...

?

Default Re: From Bulgaria with love...

I like these helmets.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I like these helmets.
    Me too, still fairly cheap to buy too!....

They are a very good deal, if you find a nice one. I paid 60 US dollars and that included the shipping! thats about 7,540 dollars cheaper then a german SS helmet lol.

nice helmet i have one too a great piece and a cheap price ,like the decal to wish mine had it on there still !.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    They are a very good deal, if you find a nice one. I paid 60 US dollars and that included the shipping! thats about 7,540 dollars cheaper then a german SS helmet lol.
    Hehehehehehehe
    I like them to,an overlooked WW2 collectable that deserve more attention than they recieve.
    Cheers
    Dave

Got one too, though mine is post war painted. I have painted the decal on it myself. Once I know how to get rid of the post war painting thats over the original I do a even better decal restoration around the damaged one thats still on it.
    From Bulgaria with love...

mines post war paint likes yours 1950's but im just gonna leave as it is since they are very good prices i might as well get one with ww2 paint job,great helmets though yours looks nice !

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    mines post war paint likes yours 1950's but im just gonna leave as it is since they are very good prices i might as well get one with ww2 paint job,great helmets though yours looks nice !
    Thanks Jank Yeah your right, I might as well lay in wait for a good original lid to come by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast