Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bulgarian Helmet M36

Article about: How to know this is WW2 or post war:

not what I can recall from the three models I have

SRB
    ?

no markings on helmet,only the size of the skin stamp ink

i think this is where the trouble lies with dating bulgarian helmet shells a similar problem with spanish helmet's ,chris i would say your mint example would be refurbed some time in the 1970's , i have the same splinter pattern cover on my m51/72 and it is exchangable with the m36 .is there a date stamp visible on your liner please
    thanks james

SRB
    ?

I found this type of helmet was used to 70s, but the first models (before ww2)had a liner made in Germany and on them was stamp of maker

mpw
    ?

Here is my M 36/C with a different liner construction which is riveted similar to the type A. The liner is stamped but a bit difficult to see.

Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Helmet M36   Bulgarian Helmet M36  

Bulgarian Helmet M36  

Quote by James C View Post
    i think this is where the trouble lies with dating bulgarian helmet shells a similar problem with spanish helmet's ,chris i would say your mint example would be refurbed some time in the 1970's , i have the same splinter pattern cover on my m51/72 and it is exchangable with the m36 .is there a date stamp visible on your liner please
    thanks james
    G'day James.
    I checked both sides and no date stamp visible, just a hand written '59' for the size.
    Cheers

Thanks chris well it was worth an ask mate ,here is the date stamp on my bulgarian m51/72Bulgarian Helmet M36Bulgarian Helmet M36Bulgarian Helmet M36

Quote by mpw View Post
    Here is my M 36/C with a different liner construction which is riveted similar to the type A. The liner is stamped but a bit difficult to see.

Mark.
    G'day Mark as you probably know this one has a Bulgarian made liner

SRB
    ?

I do not have the coverfor helmet, but I have a uniformBulgarian Helmet M36Bulgarian Helmet M36

Default salty M36A

here's my salty old Bulgarian M36A with an old style leather liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Helmet M36   Bulgarian Helmet M36  

Bulgarian Helmet M36  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast