Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulgarian M36 Type A Post War Pick Up

Article about: Hello, Russ: Very nice grouping. I think an added attraction to these helmets is the story behind Bulgaria's joining the Axis (virtually at gun point), and their refusal to deliver their Jew

Default Bulgarian M36 Type A Post War Pick Up

This one showed up on the doorstep about a week ago. We've been keeping our eyes open for one of these post war painted Bulgarian M36s to add to the shelf with our 3 war period examples. This is a Type A, nothing special and beat up prety good but we liked the look of the painted tri-color, which were only done post war. The liner and chin strap are also standard post war and we were lucky enough to find and example that also had a painted 5 point red star.

You could fill a room with all the variations of M36s you can find and they are still very affordable. I’m sure we’ll stumble upon another that tickles our fancy and finds its way to the shelf with the others.

Regards,
    Russ & Son

Default Re: Bulgarian M36 Type A Post War Pick Up

very nice russ i only own a ww2 period type c but what strikes me is the size of the liner rivits they look huge ,the final grouping looks excellent cheers james

Quote by col james View Post
    what strikes me is the size of the liner rivits they look huge ,the final grouping looks excellent cheers james
    Thanks James and yes, the liner rivets are very large on both the Type A and B models. They changed to a much smaller (normal) sized rivet on the type C helmets.

We still want to add a war period 4 rivet Type B variation as well as a short visor Type C, both are still not hard to come by, just need to get it done!

Regards,

Russ

now the short visor model sounds very interesting ,whats the story behind those russ thanks james

?

Great lid, I have a type A ( I think) , mine has a matt finish paint ,but no decals or other forms of insignia, in fact I forgot I had it until I read your post, so thanks for showing yours and for reminding me I have one knocking around in the loft somewhere!!

now the short visor model sounds very interesting ,whats the story behind those russ thanks james
    James, the story on the C type short visors is an incomplete one. Seems knowbody has really been able to acertain for certain the exact origins of these helmets. Here is a good link in M36 helmets that touches in the short visor variation:

Untitled Document

Regards,

Russ

I post a bunch but I can't find the thread!

thanks for the link russ ,its research time me thinks ,cheers james

thanks for the link russ ,its research time me thinks ,cheers james
    James, in case you are interested in looking for one of these short visor C type's the link below is an Ebay seller that has one listed every now and again. I found this seller through a WRF recomendation and I've purchased from him as well. I just checked and he does not have a short visor, at the moment, but I have seen them listed on several occasions.

eBay My World - mitko60

Regards,

Russ

Quote by Opex View Post
    Great lid, I have a type A ( I think) , mine has a matt finish paint ,but no decals or other forms of insignia, in fact I forgot I had it until I read your post, so thanks for showing yours and for reminding me I have one knocking around in the loft somewhere!!
    Opex, Iding the M36 Types is quite easy. If it has a rolled edge it is a Type A, if it has 4 metal securing tabes extending below liner it is a Type C, all others are type B.

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast