Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bundeswehr M-62

Article about: Another recent addition came in the same box as my Bundeswehr M1A1 LL is this Bundeswehr M-62 that IMO is sporting the second variation liner that are attached via an internal suspension sys

great pairing paul and what do you mean by proper cover

Nice lids on this thread!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Thanx for sharing your examples Paul I am a big fan of the camo covers one of my all time favorite patterns.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

my cover was a section of zeltbahn and not a dedicated cover so i had to tuck the material under the clips to hold it down Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	899015

Mark: Yes i'm in agreement I really like this pattern .. pieces made with this camo are becoming very scarce these days!!!
    James: I meant that it had been actually made to a kind of pattern....and stitched together properly, with the elastic too, most likely by the company tailor from old offcuts/weeded out swatches of amoeba pattern materiel, i'm certainly not taking a dig at your kindly supplied piece of amoeba.... as shown on the M1A1 LL.... which still looks great by the way!!! and even better as a contrast to the reverse on display!! ... ta mate!!!

?

Hi James I would expect that when I source material for cover's for my german helms it will indeed be from cut Zeltbahn's this is one of the reasons I find Paul's examples rather intriguing.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Mark: thought I would whip the cover off while it was still to hand, to better demonstrate its construction... first off apologies... its actually a drawstring not elastic!!! (was thinking of another German flecktarn helmet cover I have!! oops..) anyway its been fashioned in a way as to be mainly worn with the autumn pattern to be displayed, and there is plenty of wear / rust staining evident in the usual places to indicate plenty of use on a stalhelm!!
    I have seen a few made similarly to this one in the year or so...that I have been looking for one...was just lucky enough to snag this one on German eBay!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1693.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	899065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1690.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	899066  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1692.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	899067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1691.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	899068  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12