Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

can anyone id this helmet, looks Japanese

Article about: Here a helmet I picked up that has me stumped, looks almost like a Japanese civil defense helmet, if someone can shed light on this helmet,plmk

Default can anyone id this helmet, looks Japanese

Here a helmet I picked up that has me stumped, looks almost like a Japanese civil defense helmet, if someone can shed light on this helmet,plmk

looks like a WWII Japanese Hollywood movie prop helmet? Ive seen some versions with leather liners & leather chin straps, if you ever watch old B&W WWII movies you can see these odd bell shaped helmets worn by the Japanese soldiers.

here is one on ebay right now

WWII Japanese Helmet with Liner RARE Type Japan | eBay

can anyone id this helmet, looks Japanesecan anyone id this helmet, looks Japanesecan anyone id this helmet, looks Japanese

?

I would have defaulted to Japanese civil defence but the shell, paint and strap look odd. I think battle gear may have come up with the answer.

here are some scenes from the WWII movie OBJECTIVE BURMA , this Japanese soldier in the movie is wearing one of these Hollywood prop helmets, notice the rivet on the side for the chin strap? and the leather chin strap with rivet with a shiny metal buckle? I also noticed the top of his helmet had a rivet on top to secure the liner

can anyone id this helmet, looks Japanesecan anyone id this helmet, looks Japanesecan anyone id this helmet, looks Japanesecan anyone id this helmet, looks Japanese
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-27-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Yep that's what it is, thanks guys

Holy cow! I've got one of those prop helmets as well! I figured it was a movie prop but I've never seen an image of one being used! Thanks!